• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

45/100 review score

Got a mate who was unfamiliar with RO to buy RO2, he started playing today.
Bugs aside, he is really enjoying his time, and the same goes for a lot of Tangodown players as well.
I trust TWI to fix all the problems there might be at the moment in due time.
It's unfortunate it wasnt in time for release and it will hurt the reviews, but i for one am having a blast playing the game and a rocky release won't stop me.
And no, that is not a fanboy speaking. Some of you people find it all too easy to jump on that bandwagon, just as others like to call others COD-fanboys.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was linked already such is the speed of new threads arriving but what a joke this is.

[URL]http://gamers-underground.com/content/1149-red-orchestra-2-review.html[/URL]

Personally im a gamer for over 20 years,right now im having close to if not THE best time ive ever had gaming with RO2.
Its not perfect but no other fps can suck me in like this game has.
I havent seen anymore reviews yet.

They didn't deserve 45/100 but close to it. I honestly give the game a 7/10. And I'm someone who loves this type of gameplay, ect.

The game is buggy. The stats are broken to the point where when you hover your mouse over next honour level, it says "OMG!" clearly indicating that the honour system is broken and the dev team will get around to it. Sometime.

And thats the issue. Raeem can give his final thoughts all he wants but its like George W Bush announcing victory from that aircraft carrier, as long as the core mechanics of the game aren't working he looks like a self congratulating ***.

Still haven't seen "skirmish" mode promished in the facts sticky, still havent seen my stats update, still crash alot, still haven't played multiplayer campaign, and this game still only has one vehicle.

What did you think they were going to give this game? A 10/10 like GTA Liberty City? The game needs alot of work just to be a functioning stalingrad game with ten maps and one vehicle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grobut
Upvote 0
The review is below average quality and I'm inclined to agree with many of you; it is, overall, a poor review.

But those of you who are saying "Why doesn't he wait for the final product or final release?" make me laugh out loud.

Guys, this IS the final product. We're not in Beta anymore. If Tripwire wasn't happy with it, and not prepared for the backlash, they shouldn't have released the game.

Saying "wait for the patches!" is a poor excuse for releasing a buggy game.

Reactions: TedSmith
Upvote 0
This review site is a troll site. He gave Brink a 70% and Duke Nukem an 86%, but he gave RO2 45%...

Obviously trolling.

Not everything on the internet that you disagree with is a "troll", you imbecile.

Disagree with his arguments, fine. Stop casting suspicion and insulting the character of the author.

Did you guys learn nothing of subjectivity in school?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Saying "wait for the patches!" is a poor excuse for releasing a buggy game.

Sure it is! Look at Activision or DICE- they release games that have few maps (common complaint about RO), lots of bugs (another common complaint in this forum), and improperly functioning features (yet another frequent complaint of RO). Yet, their games get tens to hundreds of thousands more people playing them than RO1 ever did and people make those games top sellers and back their games up with a passion (fanboys).

Why can TWI and its imperfect baby not have the same treatment?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why can TWI and its imperfect baby not have the same treatment?

You dont know what an XBOX360 or Playstation3 is, and who owns this
consoles and buys fast shooter games, where u even cant change your
weapon to semi automatic?

I think RO2 had to potential for 90%, but TWI decided to add so much
features from DICE games, that RO2 never got RO2.
Look at the weapon accuracy, that got heavy criticism from the beta
players and 9/10 people seems to dont like it (look threads here).

Why they got this low score?
- the single player "campain" gives you the "gotcha kicked in the ***"
feeling, cause it

Upvote 0
According to Alexa Gamers Underground is ranked about 430,000 of all websites worldwide.

Had to laugh on Audience Profile from Alexa

Based on internet averages, gamers-underground.com is visited more frequently by males who are in the age range 18-24, have no children, have no college education and browse this site from home.

Considering their demographic is an age group with little purchasing power and their internet ranking I would assume that they do not generate much income therefore it could be said their writers are either amateurs, hacks, or both.

Juxtaposed, Gamespy and its parent company are ranked in the top 4,000 and top 300 websites respectively.

Gamers Underground's voice is minimal, if I were in their shoes I would have written a negative article as well just to genterate controversy and get vierwership numbers rolling. A red herring website in the end.

Reactions: PsychoPigeon
Upvote 0
Is there something wrong with my eyes, because I think the game looks very good visually. Sure, it doesn't justify the performance people are getting to but to refer to them as "lolgraphics" is just silly and immature. RO2 has few gameplay flaws (except for 'Protected Area' and 'Lockdown', but they could easily be removed) and a lot of bugs. I'm not sure what the reviewer was expecting.

Upvote 0
"lol graphics" comment way off base. I'm really surprised the one thing everyone should be able to agree on, the environments and models looking good, could now have someone who doesn't think so. The 3rd person animations of course aren't the best.

Its like a five paragraph essay. I can hardly call this a review. He makes no mention of how long he played - but you can assume it was only a few hours. Two screenshots of the same map. No mention of tanks.

Review is a joke. I don't know what gamers-underground is but it must be like a clan type community. Therefore we shouldn't expect any professionalism from such a website...or care what it says. Nobody is going to read it anyway.

Upvote 0