• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[31/10/2011] Killing Floor Zombies

Nice work so far Hunter, =)

Comments:
Headshots for the win. I had an amusing moment when I got surrounded and tried to blast my way free and couldn't.
The slow movement added to feel quite nicely.
Ammo can go down quick if you are not carefull. Again, adds to the feel.

Problems:
Only thing I can think of are some of the skins need their rigging done again. The arms in particular can look a little odd.
Grenades tend to launch the zombies around the map a bit to much.

Suggestions:
Instead of having some zombies slow and some faster, how about for the faster ones, implement something like the gorfast's charge. That way you have a mob moving the same speed to you then all of a sudden some start pulling away from the group to rush you.

All in all, really good job mate.

Upvote 0
My first impressions are as follows:

1. F**king awesome!

2. Need variations on the animations but other than that, top notch anims

3. I never really liked this much with the clots and it stands out worse now, 'the delay before they fall'. looks really silly as the walk for a few seconds and then wumpf.

4. The zombie sounds are as creepy as hell and really work well with the atmospehere of the game.

5. Did I say f**king awesome?

Really good job so far Hunter and I look forward to seeing further updates and watching the mod evolve.
I did start importing the zombies from LOTD at one point and gave up, which I am glad I did because these zombies seem to fit the game alot better.

Good stuff :)

Reactions: Meatwadjenkins
Upvote 0
I love this mutator ! I am a zombie maniac and this satisfies my desires to lay waste to the undead.

I was playing four man with Marcos Server Perks 4.38 High levels In all perks (between 6-10), with Modded weapons. My level 8 Support and lvl 11 demo were reduced to strategic chip damagers. I enjoyed that all my excessive power amounted to nothing against the hordes. Sharp shooters and commandos feel good in this mod. Medics a must. Makes you play the other classes differently to ensure teamwork. Nothing is funnier than facing down a mod only to have one sneak up from behind and grab you!
Thank you for the excellent mod!

Upvote 0
anyone crash with serverperkv4:confused:

test the ServerperkV4 without other Muts in 1027
game crash when i want kill a monster:(

Download and install ServerPerks V4.40 Which updated more or less the same day as the KF Update. There will not be any need to roll back either, even once the event is over.

Upvote 0
First of all I'd like to say thank you for your support and kind words regarding the KF Zombies mod, it is greatly appreciated.

The animations and Zombie rigging will be improved in the future along with a few coding issues, I can't give an ETA on when they will be done, but just keep in mind that, I am aware of the issues and will tweak them in due time.

As for the server perks mutator and how the KF Zombies mod impacts it, I can't shed light on it, I didn't create the mod with the server perks in mind, I think you'll find that the perks go up quick because the zombies have such high levels of health, they are Zombies after all. So in regards to making a change to the set up of the scoring system, perk wise, they have the same scoring as a Clot, damage wise, each single zombie has more health than the Patriarch, I will look into the damage to health ratio and make weapons less effective instead of having high volumes of health.

I'm not looking to get this whitelisted, it wouldn't even be considered, it might get on the greylist though, time will tell.

One last thing, for those who care, a few weeks ago I put a vow of silence against the TWI forums regarding updates on the mutators I have worked on, at the time this was a viable option to the problem I faced with the negative souls on these boards, now since the silence dropped, I have talked with a Senior Programmer at TWI, that has led me see things in a slightly different light, therefore, effective immediately, I am lifting the silence towards the TWI forums, you will now recieve full information updates, and I will do my best to answer the questions you may have.

Thank you for reading, may this be a new start for our peer to peer relations.

Hunter-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am releasing the addon version of the mod now: [url]http://www.tsrlegacy.co.uk/KFupload/KFZZombiesAddonVersion.rar[/URL]

WARNING!: The addon version will NOT work whilst the special event is going on, the core code for KF is changed during events to allow the custom specimens, this impacts addon mutators as they will have the original specimen code, not the event code.

Once the event finishes and the code is reverted back to the vanilla specimens, the addon will once again work.

Until then, enjoy the full conversion version.

Hunter-

Upvote 0
I ran through the addon version of the mod today and have some feedback...

Mod works with Brute, Shiver, Bastard, WTF, Infected Soldiers and Doom3 addon.
Zombie sounds are very good
Zombie skins are good, but you can tell it does not "fit" with the look and feel of the UT engine...

Improvement suggestions:

- It spawns a LOT of zombies, especially on hard and up! It fact, it competes along with the Bastard on early waves on that I barely see as many clots or bloats! I think it should be toned down or its my combo of these mods

- Zombies are way too slow... I believe this mod was going for a bigger wave of monsters to offset the slow speed but I think for the pace of the game and power of the weapons, it should be sped up to at minimum to player walking speed and have a variation of some runners to chase you down. I know this was going for RE / George Romero style zombies, but even RE at RE4 and up had fasters variants... I suggest looking up Land of the Dead multiplayer gameplay and see how that game has modded walkers and runners. That would be perfect for KF since the speed variation is on scale.

- Zombies are pretty tough... way tough on Hard... seems multiple headshots needed to take them down... I wish we can blow the arms off and it can still walk/run or hop at you then drop down and crawl at you if legs blown off... again, like LotD modded zombies.

- Zombie textures are lower res? I walked up close and some of the skins look good but from a distance away, it looks very blurry/lowres... maybe its a LOD system in the work? Or its the way the textures are made or looks in the UT engine.

It is pretty good if I use the replacement version but the addon does not seem to "fit" ... its feels like shooting sitting ducks (tough ducks) while the rest of the KF specimens chases the player into a frantic.

I wonder... can you adopt your zombie code to use a "rot" version of player models instead? Rotting Civilians and military instead of specimens for zombies... That may make the game more fitting...

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd drop a quick update to this, KF Zombies and the other mods I have/currently made/making.

As with the Rotting, as 2012 rolls in, I'll be paying some attention to the KF Zombies mod.

Again most issues are model related, a few bits of code can be changed here and there.

I'll also be adding a few more variations of the Zombies, crawling ones, fast ones etc...

Until then

You know what to do

Reactions: Meatwadjenkins
Upvote 0