• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics 3 crown note achievement help

Don Draper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Put a post up here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=98342

But no answers and i dont think it is bugged, it must be something i am doing wrong.

From the other thread:
Cant get it either, i used fire bug, Solo, listen sever on beginner. (got the first 2 for not getting damage to the ring master)

I lost 1 piece of Armour(99) health was (100) while i was not carrying the bars, does that make a difference? OR do you have to have zero damage/hits during the whole set piece of play?

Or does it only work with more than 1 person? Is it only protecting the Gold Carrier or can you be the gold carrier?

Hit or damage? ie: zerk can get hit by clot on beginner and not get damage.

I managed it last night, after several attempts, I was playing as support lvl 6, beginner difficulty. I was going in circle not killing clots because they are the slowest, was killing husks and sirens (they are the priority if you are close enough after they scream you will get hit, but since it is beginner diff, it won't take away your health, but it will still count as damage).

Just remember if stuff get's too close kill it, otherwise don't because other zeds will spawn. I was in the end 100 hp, and 100 armor.

I also think that you must NOT get damaged during whole that wave, not just while you carry it. You should get the ach in the end of the wave. Hope it helps :D

Upvote 0
A scratch on the armor apparently counts as "damage". Also, I noticed on one attempt a siren screamed near me causing screen shaking and my health still showed 100 but I didn't get the achieve as ICe_Colt mentioned. (Did get it eventually yesterday.)

Someone also mentioned that it may not work if you use a perk with damage reduction like zerk/firebug.

Upvote 0
Well i got it.

First i used firebug and did not get it, i had 1 armour scratch as i said above.

And as jdrou said, you cant get it on zerk firebug it seems.

So i used Sharp shooter, I got 1 piece of armour removed on the third trip (note, do not return through the middle of the map, spawn is a tad unpredictable, crawler) Finished it anyway hopin it would work... It did not.

So i tryed with the Support class welding an AA12 sounded good, as soon as i unwelded the door a Crawler spawned on me..., i had not yet picked up the gold though, but was annoyed at this stage and thought, well it might still work.

So i kept going, go up to the third trip, got hit by a husk, was getting frustrated, kept going in hope anyway that i might work. (health was 97 Armour about the same)

Got to the end, killed the remaining.....I had definatly been damaged. And the achievement was recognized.

I was stunned. So if you want it, go support with AA12 on semi auto. works even if you are hit.

Upvote 0
i usually do this achievement with 1 other player. 1 goes zerk, 1 goes support, play on begginer.
1.support stayes where the old man(ringmaster or whatever) was staying when you guarded him
2.zerk goes to the other side of the trader(the other door to trader)
3.wave starts, support kills anything that comes to him
4.zerk kills anything that comes to him except clot,crawler (they cant hurt zerk lv 6 on begginer)
5.after like 5-10mins all of the zeds(clots, crawlers) should be on zerk. there can be only 32 alive zeds on the map at one moment, so if you dont kill anymore, no more zeds will spawn
6.zerk takes the zeds to the begging of the map(the 1st spawn, its far away from the gold locations), then he can just go afk
7.support can now transport the gold (as far as i know the carrier cant take any damage while transporting gold, that includes even falling damage + even when zed hits carrier and does no damage, like siren from distance, it still counts as damage....zeds simply cant touch carrier)

Upvote 0