• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I'm going through something that is bugging me a bit.

I've been noticing that when I look at the clock, oftentimes It will be 3:33. This has happened to me about 50 times within the past 2 months. I mean I look at the clock to see what time it is, but it's not like I look at the clock every single minute.

Anyway have any theories why this is happening?

Most likely it has simply become a habit, like some people allways go to the bathroom at the same time every day or what have you, you have got yourself a habit of looking at the clock at 03:33.

Our body keeps track of time more effectively than one might think, so its not at all uncommon that peoples habits can be timed very accurately.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Most likely it has simply become a habit, like some people allways go to the bathroom at the same time every day or what have you, you have got yourself a habit of looking at the clock at 03:33.

Our body keeps track of time more effectively than one might think, so its not at all uncommon that peoples habits can be timed very accurately.

I had a time in a summer vacation where i woke up around 11:40-45 for like weeks.

Upvote 0
Anyway have any theories why this is happening?
One of the brains best abilities is recognizing patterns (faces,perspective etc) this backfires when we see something pattern-like. The other times you look at the watch simply dissappear in your head because they dont fit the pattern, the same way the non-face-like attributes of the "face on mars" simply dont matter when you see the pattern of a face.

These 2 tables are the EXACT same size and shape, photoshop at will:
tables2.jpg

At the same time, we humans are incapable of really grasping randomness. People constantly think their Ipod shuffle has a hang-up on that one band etc
How many people do you think it takes in the same room before 2 people almost definately has the same birthdate? around 40. We all think its in the 300's but its not.

How many times do you have to look at the time before it repeats, probably a few, yes, but you can also add in the routine in your life, like about 3:33 your internal clock might tell you from experience you can soon go home from school or work, so you check to make sure, that narrows it down pretty well, and then it only takes 2 or 3 times in a row for you to swear its magic. (pattern recognition)

Last edited:
Upvote 0