• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2 Questions from a newbie

I'm quite new here and I have two questions.

1. Why are the first person arms and guns always in the same color no matter what enviroment they are in? For example at a foggy snowy map the arms are glowing like they were lit up by the sun (almost).

2. What sound number limitations are there? Somethime when there are many sounds at the same time at a map some rifle sounds doesn't sound right. My soundcard can handle 128 sounds at the same time but there seem to be some limitation way before that or?

I'm quite new here and I have two questions.

1. Why are the first person arms and guns always in the same color no matter what enviroment they are in? For example at a foggy snowy map the arms are glowing like they were lit up by the sun (almost).

2. What sound number limitations are there? Somethime when there are many sounds at the same time at a map some rifle sounds doesn't sound right. My soundcard can handle 128 sounds at the same time but there seem to be some limitation way before that or?

In regards to #2, I've noticed this as well. It seemed to me like the sound changed with distance, like an echo. When there has been a lot of gunfire etc close to me it sounds ok, but as it gets further away, the sound becomes lower and more hollow...sounded to me like it was meant to be this way to indicate distance.

Upvote 0
In regards to #2, I've noticed this as well. It seemed to me like the sound changed with distance, like an echo. When there has been a lot of gunfire etc close to me it sounds ok, but as it gets further away, the sound becomes lower and more hollow...sounded to me like it was meant to be this way to indicate distance.

I'm thinkin' more about when there's a lot of small arms fire going on at the same time as several voice commands are sounding then I often see someone shooting for example a rifle and there's just a "puff" instead of a shot.

Upvote 0
I'm thinkin' more about when there's a lot of small arms fire going on at the same time as several voice commands are sounding then I often see someone shooting for example a rifle and there's just a "puff" instead of a shot.

I've noticed something like that as well. Only happened to me once in a while with tanks. I fire and nothing, no sound, no round, no explosion, but I'm reloading as if I fired a silent blank.

Upvote 0
I've noticed something like that as well. Only happened to me once in a while with tanks. I fire and nothing, no sound, no round, no explosion, but I'm reloading as if I fired a silent blank.

That happens to me too often, and it pisses me off. My tank will rock just as if I did fire something, but nothing happens. There isn't any dust or smoke coming from where the shell would have landed either.

Upvote 0
I'm fairly sure that sound issue is an engine bug. It happens in other UT mods as well. Something to do with the netcode I think.

As for the glowing arms, that sounds like you've got bloom turned on. Open the console (~) and type "bloom". That toggles it on and off. You should find that with it off, the picture will be much sharper, the glow will disappear and colour should return to normal. Bloom in UE2.5 isn't crash hot and pretty standard. Bloom in Thief 3 looks the same and has the exact same issues.

Upvote 0