• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design 2 Problems

SIMOX

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Lithuania
I'm currently having 2 main problems with unreal:

First is black textures (As of not lit for some reason) on random BSP brushes. If i manage to fix one brush, that same s*** apears on the other random brushes. It's like some kinda disease. Does unreal have some limited memory or something or i'm builing level wrong?

And the second problem that gave me.... that feeling when you just want to quit this s*** and never open it again. How in the world did unreal manage to merge skyzone together with some other random zone?? And some thick fog that i can't change because it's skyzone fog settings. Wth?

It's just things like these make me to really HATE unreal engine and NEVER map again.

skyzones - create a box outside of the main map area and put in a sky texture (or a background from another map) then put a skyzone zone within this box, you can then put a zone info within main map and adj the fog from there.

In regards to the black textures have a look within this section there a few ways to correct and fix

if you add fog to the skyzone then it will cover the map, if you want to zone off fog use a zoneinfo and MAKE SURE that al lzones are coloured differently as if not will put the fog into other zones

Last edited:
Upvote 0