• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad 1st Infantry Division [Recruiting]

Does a higher audio bitrate count as better? Discord has that going for it. With the Opus Codec. Which is probably the same codec your TS3 is using. I know you can change with TS but Opus is hands down better than Speex and that other one is for lower data transfer rates. And I think its only got a maximum bitrate of 48kbs. Discord's minimum is 64kbs. Up to 96.

Also yeah this threads kinda dead. It's been repurposed shall we say. I would have locked it if I could.

Upvote 0
Better audio codec may be a good point. It actually depends, some people want best quality with lower bandwidth usage. Some others don't care about the bandwidth.

Max audio codec for TS3 I use is Opus Music (stereo) 11.87KiB/sec (this one is great for people with high end microphone or my bot from which I can play audio stereo files remotely :p), you have the mono version which is 7.71KiB/sec. Not sure about how to translate that as audio bitrate.

I'm not sure but I think the Opus Music codec TS3 is using is superior, but I never tried to mess with discord settings and do side by side comparison.

Last edited:
Upvote 0