• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

1C to Publish Heroes of Stalingrad in Europe

i wouldnt say close combat ever was that realistic, sure for its time it was the most realistic game but looking back at bridge to far etc.
We need a new CC i think.

its tanks werent really realistic, but its infantry combat, especially its morale was pretty spot on imho

as for ToW, i played it, got turned off by the useless infantry, lack of proper LoS system (bushes ect dont give cover), halfassed armor system wich makes Panthers and other vehicles wich rely on sloped armor practially useless
unrealistic artillery and aircraft
i could go on and on

btw: id say CM 2 and 3 have around 2-3 times more vehicles than ToW :p

Upvote 0
So no news at all? Is this one coming out or not?

I've lost all my interest in this new RO after the announcement, I almost don't care at all. Hype me up TWI.

same here but a bit different

its not that i wouldnt be excited, i am
but i just got frustrated to check for news all the time and sometimes even completly forget about it for a few days

Upvote 0
Damn, 1C publishing this game. They have used draconian copy-protection methods (eLiecense) in other games, I hope they won't ruin ROHOS with that ****. I bought ToW and upon installing the game it disabled Daemon Tools, created background processes without asking any permission and started running "Runservice.exe" (installed in Windows directory) all the time on background. Uninstalling the game (which was a buggy piece of **** anyway) didn't remove those background services, it had to be done manually.

If ROHOS uses similar methods of copy-protection, I'm definitely not going to buy it.

Upvote 0
Damn, 1C publishing this game. They have used draconian copy-protection methods (eLiecense) in other games, I hope they won't ruin ROHOS with that ****. I bought ToW and upon installing the game it disabled Daemon Tools, created background processes without asking any permission and started running "Runservice.exe" (installed in Windows directory) all the time on background. Uninstalling the game (which was a buggy piece of **** anyway) didn't remove those background services, it had to be done manually.

If ROHOS uses similar methods of copy-protection, I'm definitely not going to buy it.

i dont think so, as you still have to activate it over steam ;)

Upvote 0
Hi All!

I haven't had the opportunity to fully read thru this thread, so please forgive me if the suggestions have already been covered, but I would personally love to see some of the RO vehicles or maps make it into DH perhaps. There were several RO maps, one of which is the Tractor Factory, that I would love to see in DH, or perhaps something similar? Also in doing some quick research, I noted that the 20mm SHVAK cannon in the T60 light tank is very comparable to the 20mm cannon in the German armored cars, and the Lynx light tank....is there any chance that any of these vehicles would perhaps make it into RO? I personally love the T60 even though I die in it very quickly. Since they were used on both fronts, I should think that they perhaps could be somewhat easy to import them into either game...? I am not very smart regarding the specifics on how much work it would take to get these into both games, but it would make things very interesting for both games.

Since the soviets used a multitude of various allied vehicles, is there a possibility of any of these vehicles showing up in RO? Perhaps another option would be calling in airstrikes, and the ability of the players to utilize anti-air weapons?

Again, sorry if these have all been covered, but I was just curious. Thanks!

-Greyhound-

Upvote 0
First it would be very nice to know if we get some vehicles in RO:HoS, all available Screens show us only a few soldiers, but no vehicle anywhere.

And the soldiers we see need a facelift, the looks.. hmm - ugly :( and not really realistic, there is a lot of work needed.

And if they release it, i hope they spend a little bit money for the marketing, because they miss it when they release RO:Ost, and so no one knows RO, and no one play it anymore :(

Upvote 0