• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

1C to Publish Heroes of Stalingrad in Europe

>>Persistent Stats Tracking and Player Progression: Grow in rank, earn medals, improve abilities, and become a Hero – all visible to the complete online gaming community and embedded within the game.

>>Heroes: Obtain the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and equipment, and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.

I am really disappointed...:(
Please work as all players equally.

no, I want my status of hero to be recognized =)

Upvote 0
Completely agreed, when RO:HOS was announced the corny name took my attention for a while, but now these new gamey and "heroic" additions make me feel more disappointed toward the game.

There's nothing heroic about war.

But there are heroic deeds, made during war.

That heroes exist is not non realistic, realism will depend on their "abilities".

Upvote 0
Yeah, but if I wanna have some ****ed up rank system, I'll go and play Call of Sucky or whatever. It's always the same, people who play occasionally are disadvantaged. Heroes with special abilities... wtf. is RO:HOS an MMORPG or what? Can't believe it...

yes, there will be level 70 soldiers who shoots laz0rz from their arseholes

Upvote 0
Well, now that we know that Heroes will be immune to suppression, have no weapon sway, are not slowed down by wounds, have a steady (but slow) auto heal, have double stamina and double the run distance, double distance for grenade throws, and cause double suppression in non-hero enemies, I really do think the occasional player will be disadvantaged. I was really bummed out to read about these in that other thread. :(

^
^
^
^

JK :D :p

Upvote 0
Yeah, but if I wanna have some ****ed up rank system, I'll go and play Call of Sucky or whatever. It's always the same, people who play occasionally are disadvantaged. Heroes with special abilities... wtf. is RO:HOS an MMORPG or what? Can't believe it...

The thing is, you don't know anything about it yet. So shut your piehole and wait for some info.

Upvote 0
lol good movie.

Cmon you apes, you wanna live forever?!

Totally disagree. Great book, lousy movie.

Anyway, I'm sure TW won't do anything way outside realism on the Hero thing. It's realistic that different soldiers will have different abilities (greeness). I think I and others have previously suggested having green soldiers.

I think TW knows their audience, and won't go trying to piss them off.

I'd like to get some info on the tanks, assuming there's going to be armor in this.

Upvote 0
>>Persistent Stats Tracking and Player Progression: Grow in rank, earn medals, improve abilities, and become a Hero – all visible to the complete online gaming community and embedded within the game.

>>Heroes: Obtain the ultimate goal and become a Hero online. Players with hero status inspire troops around them and cause fear in their enemies. Heroes have access to the best and rarest weapons and equipment, and will stand out visually from the rest of the soldiers.

I am really disappointed...:(
Please work as all players equally.

SIGH. They don't get extra hit points. They just have a different uniform and maybe a different gun. One round from a Kar 98k will still kill them. THERE IS NO DISADVANTAGE

I don't get why it matters. Once again, they get no extra hit points- I don't think RO even uses hit points for anything. Do you have something against chest's full of medals?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It all sounds very promising.. I'm looking forward to the new game. The 'hero' bit is a touch sticky, but knowing nothing about it I'll tamp my fears with hope..

..hope that the 'hero' status isnt persistent after death. Technically when you respawn you are a new soldier entering the field of battle, so perks you may have picked up through experience during the former life should'nt carry over. That's how I imagine it working. Maybe a cap on the amount of 'heroes' on the battlefield at any given time as well? Who knows, just throwing things out there.

I havent had a chance to read everything.. are 'heroes' going to be in multiplayer as well, or only in the singleplayer portion of the game?

Upvote 0