1941 tank maps please

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lapata

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 12, 2006
ya i wanna see some early pz1,2,3 vs t-60 , t-24 , bt and maybe t-34-76

Rameusb5

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 23, 2006
They would need to model the earlier KV1 and at least one other "early" Soviet tank to do this right, IMHO.

The PzII would also be nice. I don't think the PzI would be necessary.

Witzi

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2006
Finland
Rameusb5 said:
The PzII would also be nice. I don't think the PzI would be necessary.

Lol, PzI had only MG. Those funny germans...

But anyways, would love to see a -41 tank map! Excellent idea, TW take note!

FatPartizan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 11, 2006
It is impossible, there is no way to send all noob's in Red Army .
Real 41 in RO
it is not possible .:D

{Cap-Down}

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 17, 2006
Surrey, England
Russians really didn't stand a tactical chance, they sometimes had to aim through the barrel because the awful tanks were being churned out the factories so fast. They had minimal training too, i.e. this is how you go forward, this is how you load and fire the gun, now you're a tank ace!

Nimrod1971

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 1, 2006
1941 Map sounds good to me. It would also fit to implement a light wheeled tank like the sdkfz 232 into such a map.

Gray Knight

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2006
Well I wood like to see a Pz-2 for the Germans as it was close to the T-60 in armour / firepower, and a T-29 as that was the most common tank the Soviets had before the T-34 and it was close in armour / firepower to the Pz-3

Folgore

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 23, 2006
What about the tankbattle at Dubno? With over 2000 tanks from both sides involved it was the biggest tank battle ever until Kursk 2 years later.

DudeWheresMyTank

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 29, 2006
FatPartizan said:
It is impossible, there is no way to send all noob's in Red Army .
Real 41 in RO
it is not possible .:D

sure they can. they can give the russians guns that all have huge cones of fire like DOD! :p

FatPartizan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 11, 2006
What about the tankbattle at Dubno? With over 2000 tanks from both sides involved it was the biggest tank battle ever until Kursk 2 years later.
BT and T-26 it is full trash . BT - the cardboard, Т-26 has become outdated. If to make their similar to the presents, on resp there will be an eternal fratricide.
If to make it is more T-34 and KV , they will take out Germans, (Т-34/76 chase on the Orel to Tigers :D ). Even if you will give artillery only to Germans.
On such map there should not be a balance on types and amount of tanks but there should be any intrigue.
If to take events nearby Dubno , it is possible to use fight on June, 26th near Homyti .

Heinz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 29, 2005
New York, USA
{Cap-Down} said:
Russians really didn't stand a tactical chance, they sometimes had to aim through the barrel because the awful tanks were being churned out the factories so fast. They had minimal training too, i.e. this is how you go forward, this is how you load and fire the gun, now you're a tank ace!

ah, the happy times...... :D

saddletank

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2006
Leicester, UK Midlands
To represent the poor Russian tactics of 1941 have a map that gives the Russian side T-26B, BT-5(or 7) and T-28. Give Germans PzIII G, Pz III J, Pz IV E, Pz38(t) and artillery (i.e. a commander slot) of the 32 player slots give the Russians 20 but no commander so they get no artillery.