• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

1917 mod on the Bolchevik REVOLUTION !!

JOHN_MACCLANE

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2007
1917 mod on the Bolchevik REVOLUTION !!

Mod on bolchevik revolution for RO 2

Bolchevik REVOLUTION

all the idea is inside the title !

Maybe 1917 until 1922 !!!

Revolution 1917 and civil war 1920 22 ! hihih

+1917 :
-the russian tsarist in brest litovsk against the prussian of the II REICH in the East Front. The russian : 1 rifle for 4 soldiers !! the Prussians : luger mauser ;) granate maxim ;)

-But also the 2 month of 1917 ! February and October !
february '17 :
People vs Tsarists
Mosin and maxim ! Red Flag and people against tsarists

october '17 :
Bolchevik vs menchevik !
Lenine and Trotsky against Kerensky

+1920-22 :
england polish france against the Reds !! All the Europe against the idea of bolchevism...
All the weapons !! of each country !
All the vehicule and weapon of the years 1910 20 ! (and alos 1898 ! 1896 ! Kar and MAsuer C 96 !!)

Stalin and Tchoukachevsky fitgh together the white near Varsovy ! They were near to the victory but they failed...

So interresting period !!
No game is about this great period !!

The problem : in february battles were not long...It is only few actions ...
But it can be a cool Idea !

Leninist of all the computer ! United you for this mod !

Last edited:
I was sort of thinking about a Russian Civil War Mod as well.

However, one of the problems is that making a mod is, I would say, a difficult task overall.

I would say you need a dedicated group of around a dozen or so people; the more, the better, if possible.

Preferably, you should have at least two people covering each modding area; that means preferably at least two Modellers, two Texturers, several Mappers, two researchers (Historians) / writers, a person who knows about sound.

And the more people you have, the more your Team will be able to tackle the labor that is involved.

You also need an Animator and Coder.

IMHO, there are some other factors that need consideration as well.

I considered the Russian Civil War, but I thought a WWI: OstFront Mod may have broader appeal among players and gamers than the Russian Civil War, because the Russian Civil War doesn't seem to be that well known of a period of history, so I don't know how interested players would be in actually playing a Russian Civil War Mod (would the Russian Civil War have sufficient mass appeal???).

I did meet two other people on the modding website moddb.com who were also interested in WWI: OstFront, but one of the guys apparently didn't want to do any research for any of the maps, so the project unfortunately fell apart.

I am currently very busy working on the Iron Europe: 1914-1916 First World War Western Front mod, too busy I think to also work on a WWI OstFront Mod, but if some people are perhaps interested in such a project, you can look at the research I did for it.

I didn't get too far with the research; I researched one map, Lodz 1914, and some of the uniforms.

But making a mod, especially if you want the historical setting to look realistic and accurate, is a lot of work, because then you also have to make historically accurate buildings, things (static meshes) to go into the buildings / world, etc.

I am not trying to discourage anyone from making a mod, but just know it will take up a good amount of your spare time.

But no pain, no gain, huh?:)

This was the WWI OstFront Mod I and the two other people started and which never got off the ground.

(BTW, this is a pasted copy I made of the original forum; the orginal forum we had for the WWI OstFront mod was deleted):

This should also give you and others who are interested in modding an idea of the sort of historical research that needs to be done, especially if you want everything to look historically accurate and realistic:

10/3/10

I've closed public access to the forum because I am now using the forum space for another project; if anyone needs to see the WWI Ostfront forum for a possible modding project, just let me know).

And this is Iron Europe: 1914-1916, the WWI Western Front mod which I and an excellent group of guys from around the world have been working on for RO: HOS:

http://www.ironeuropegame.com/news.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate being negative

IIRC that is not strictly true.

I think that a Russian Civil war mod has potential - featuring as it would, cavalry, tachanki, tanks, armoured trains, biplanes and the armies of the Reds, Whites, Greens, Austrians, Czechs, Poles, Germans, Cossacks, British, French, Australians (yup - Australians were involved in the intervention) and, from my point of view, most importantly, the Makhnovshchina - Ura for them. One of the reall attractions is that, through shifting allegiances, particularly in the Ukraine, you could find a historical precedent for just about any combination of A vs B that you could imagine.

Prolly won't happen but would be awesome if it did. You would need people committed to the idea who do not have other commitments - most of the people who could pull this off are already involved in other stuff or shortly will be.

Finding people who can animate humans is hard enough, let alone horses too.

People needed:

1 Historian, 2 good coders, 2 good animators, 3 modellers, 3 level designers, 1 sounds, 2 texture & env artists, 1 community relations person, 1 AI programmer, 1 matinee person, 1 game artist, 1 server admin and lead tester

So about 20 people in all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0