15 mins to load a game

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Mastaajbomb

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2008
it used to take me 30 mins to load a game so i turned down my settings all the way and it dropped 15 mins. ive never had a problem with any game (besides Company Of Heroes MP) and i need a fix for this.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
First off, what are your computers specs.

Mastaajbomb

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2008
i dont know i know i have 512MB for ram. but now i cant even join a game. ive never had this problem with anygame

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
Definitely need more info on your computer specs. My computer at work has 1GB of RAM (twice yours), but it is a POS celeron with no vid or sound card. It runs MS Office ok, but I am sure it would die on the spot if I tried to run any games newer than 4 or 5 years old :D

So yes, definitely needs some specs to help you more.

Pharnakes

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2007
3mins would still be quite a long time...

And if you can run COH I'm suprised you can't run RO.

Specs would at least give us a starting point though...

Xienen

Tripwire Alumni and Break Blocks Owner
Mar 26, 2007
www.greatergoodgames.org
Mastaajbomb, follow these instructions so that we can help you:

Click on your Start button and select Run...
Type in dxdiag and click OK
It will take it a second to detect everything(when the progress bar in the lower left disappears, its done)
After it finishes, from the first page please tell us the Operating System, Processor, Memory, Page file, and DirectX Version information.
Then click on the Display 1 tab at the top
From there, tell us the Chip Type(which is your Graphics Card) and Approx. Total Memory(which is your Graphics Memory).

Use the following format to make it easier for everyone:

Operating System:
Processor:
Memory:
Page file:
DirectX Version:
Graphics Card:
Graphics Memory:

Thanks

PaLi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 17, 2007
In my previous PC, I had 512MB ram my loading times were like you'rs.. VERY LONG!

Now with PC which has 2GB RAM I takes a few secounds, and I always the first player to get in the server,
So consider buying more RAM.

Mastaajbomb

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2008
Operating System: windows XP home edition (5.1, Build 2600)
Processor: Intell Pentium 4 CPU 2.8GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Page file: 358MB used, 891MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 (4.09.0000.0904
Graphics Card: GeForce 6600 GT
Graphics Memory: 128MB

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
Are you sure that two of them are working? It says you only have a total of 512MB.... that is only one of them.

If all three of the 512MB were working (total of 1536MB), then that would be great.

Last edited:

Mastaajbomb

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2008
Are you sure that two of them are working? It says you only have a total of 512MB.... that is only one of them.

If all three of the 512MB were working (total of 1536MB), then that would be great.
well my dxdiag told me Page file: 358MB used, 891MB available so thats a total of 1249 MB

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Pagefile and ram are 2 different things.

You only have 512 ram. Pagefile uses your HD kinda like extra ram, but it isn't good for most applications like games.

I highly recommend you upgrade your system to 1 gig of ram (with 1 1 gig stick or 2 512 sticks depending on if you have 2 256 stick (get rid of em) or 1 512 stick (pick up another)).

With only 512 megs of ram, and depending on your windows Xp config, windows can eat anywhere from 125 to 256 megs for itself, leaving you with little to game with.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
depends on what type of ram your motherboard accepts. It'll probably be ddr1 or ddr 2 type with certain speed limits. Do a google search on your mobo and you should be able to find what it takes and then look for prices at the major tech sights.