• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics 15 Blocks viable for Survivalist?

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    I dunno if it's just me, but I can't help but think that you'd only use Ammo Vest for the early game when you can't max out your capacity yet. When fleshpounds start spawning though, it seems to me that you're gonna need an RPG-7, M14 EBR and Katana to maximize your damage output (oh, and the Medic Pistol as well to sneak in some heals).

Has anyone here found any success with a late-game Ammo Vest loadout?

You probably gonna have hard times as 15blocks Surv, at least I do. Normally i prefer to have something like 2 shotguns or m79/lar/484 along the big hit-er but sometimes Medic nades are just too good to skip.

My fav. loadout is rpg, boomstick and medic pistol with RLLLL skills. Medic shotty works well too if you want to heal but ammo management goes rough.

Upvote 0
    Ever since I discovered that the Eviscerator benefits from the melee training perk, I find it hard not to use 20 weight constantly. The ability to bring an evicerator, move super-fast, kite bosses, block them AND carry another Tier 4 weapon is just too good to pass up just for medic grenades. The strength of survival with 20 weight is that you can dip into two different classes to combine their strengths, otherwise you just end up being a weaker version of another class.

Eviscerator + RPG + Medic Pistol I my usual loadout, though you can experiment with Seeker six, Rail Gun, AA12 and other high tier weapons.

Potentially with 15 weight, you could go...
    1: Eviscerator + Double Barrel + Medic Pistol
    2: RPG + M16

For option 2 you could make their argument of less raw damage for the ability to run faster by pulling the knife, giving the demo a tad more survivability if hit the fan or your temates re not up to scratch. But otherwise it begs the question, why not just go Berserker or demolition?

Upvote 0
    Railgun + M16 is VERY fun... although I have ran into ammo problems so I tend to leave the level 10 melee skill active as a last ditch effort if I'm really struggling to find ammo boxes later in waves.

If I increase weight capacity and lose my beloved med nades, you can upgrade both the rail (x1) and m16 (x2) and still have weight free to buy a med pistol and upgrade it once or twice. I swap the level 10 skill to healing + 20% effectiveness when I do this. This really only comes into play during Endless games though.

Lots of fun, and very flexible. I do find I really miss the med nades when I do this though. They are almost a "get out of jail free" card in some situations. Although they also teach bad habits lol.

Upvote 0
    If you want to be able to deal with FP, I found the Pulverizer works well against them (2 overhead hits w/ secondary explosion is enough to kill a FP - it needs the Melee skill though, I think), and they can stun SC as well - They're only 6 weight, so you still have 9 for 1 or 2 other weapons. What I'd go with in this setup is Pulverizer (FP/SC) + Desert Eagle (for Gorefast/Siren headshots) + SMG/Flamethrower (or whatever would be good for taking out the masses of small zeds).

Upvote 0
    I ran 15 block loadouts for a long time, but since coming back I find myself going Survivalist in later waves and running 20 blocks.

Medic's 501 rilfe
    RPG (upgraded)
    Med Pistol

Even without the same level of DPS as other perks on higher difficulties, I find myself bailing out my team a lot. Throw a moli left, shoot a med nade right, and spam primary dead center to cut through hordes if your team messes up and gets surrounded/cornered. If your teammates are smart (which is a 50/50 chance lol) they'll take the time you bought them and focus fire on any large threats first.

Home free.

Upvote 0
    infntnub;n2333333 said:
    I ran 15 block loadouts for a long time, but since coming back I find myself going Survivalist in later waves and running 20 blocks.

Medic's 501 rilfe
    RPG (upgraded)
    Med Pistol

Even without the same level of DPS as other perks on higher difficulties, I find myself bailing out my team a lot. Throw a moli left, shoot a med nade right, and spam primary dead center to cut through hordes if your team messes up and gets surrounded/cornered. If your teammates are smart (which is a 50/50 chance lol) they'll take the time you bought them and focus fire on any large threats first.

Home free.

I run close to that on 20. I dont upgrade pistol, but rather use medic SMG for last 3kg.

On 15, I have been running Medic shotgun with RPG.

Upvote 0
    Ic0n0clast;n2333366 said:
    I run close to that on 20. I dont upgrade pistol, but rather use medic SMG for last 3kg.

On 15, I have been running Medic shotgun with RPG.

I've swapped out the upgraded RPG for the m32 on the 20 weight loadout. It felt like an upgrade all-around except for boss waves when I usually swap back to the RPG.

You prefer the med smg over the pistol? I may have missed a change, but is the SMG no longer trash? I have bad memories of that gun.. lol.

Upvote 0