• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server 12,000 connections to my server??

I leave server running for 30 minutes and randomly the connections just start going up and up. I don't know what to make of this. all I know is my internet goes to pretty much zero while this is happening. now it does it as soon as I start the server up. what is this

Attachments

• Screenshot (79).png
    Screenshot (79).png
    263.4 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0
A similar phenomenon happens all the time, this is DDOS..
options protection:
1. TWI will fix this in the game's source code.
2. Use a good firewall with DDOS protection functionality.
3. You can write a module for u server that will reject connection and automatically ban attacker's mask (so that he could not play on u server).
(ex: if there are more than 12 connections, then reject the rest.)
But this will make u server UNRANKED. This will slightly reduce load, but this is not a panacea.
You can block completely only using method 1 or 2.

Upvote 0
A similar phenomenon happens all the time, this is DDOS..
options protection:
1. TWI will fix this in the game's source code.
2. Use a good firewall with DDOS protection functionality.
3. You can write a module for u server that will reject connection and automatically ban attacker's mask (so that he could not play on u server).
(ex: if there are more than 12 connections, then reject the rest.)
But this will make u server UNRANKED. This will slightly reduce load, but this is not a panacea.
You can block completely only using method 1 or 2.
Hello, I have some questions to share with you, can you provide me with your email or steam friends?

Upvote 0