• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

$1.99?

Whoops,:eek:
Well don't I feel like the silly one, I had my bank card on my mind.
It just seemed like a small amount to use a credit card. I was a bit taken back when I saw that, WOW, a $1.99 !

Tripwire was very smart to do this, why? Because when I saw that the price was 1.99 I immediately bought the character pack, if it was 4.99 or 5.99 or above I would have waited, maybe slept on the thought and then considered it.

Upvote 0
The $1.99 foreskin sale is not by any means a good deal. Yes the foreskin is cheap, but WTF do you really want to pay for foreskin? Why pay $2 just because something is cheap? ATM, a huge amount of companies are gearing sales and ads towards kids who are not discerning shoppers. Spend your money wisely, not often. If you are looking for good value for your money, in truth your $2 is better spent at the hotdog stand.

Upvote 0
Errrmmm...

Errrmmm...

well... ive been thinking, why would they even bother to make us pull out our credit cards, use five minutes of our time trying to pay two dollars? i'm not complaining because we need to pay... its just the trouble of paying two dollars online for four random characters seem unheard of.

well, thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well... ive been thinking, why would they even bother to make us pull out our credit cards, use five minutes of our time trying to pay two dollars? i'm not complaining because we need to pay... its just the trouble of paying two dollars online for four random characters seem unheard of.

well, thats just my opinion.

You would prefer a more EA-like $5 per character?

Strange..

Upvote 0
Of course it's worth it. It supports TWI for better patches in the future.
Now, you don't have to get it, but it's purely my choice other others who buy it if they want it. And to be honest, playing as one of the DLC characters gives me a slight morale boost as a player.

If you feel good, you play better :)

Upvote 0
The only time you see your character is after defeating The Patriach...is that worth more than $2? It should have been free.

Does your punk lifestyle forbid you from spending $2 and supporting the big mean nasty business corporations?

QQ...

If it makes you feel any better one of the characters looks like the punky rebel type :D

Reactions: Cradle Of Filth
Upvote 0
The only time you see your character is after defeating The Patriach...is that worth more than $2? It should have been free.

With that viewpoint, why would people care about skins if they only see them when the Patriarch dies? If they don't, they don't need to 'shell' out $2, if they do, they can buy them and support TWI in bringing out free major updates for everyone.

Upvote 0
I bought the DLC by the way, but I still think it's stupid.

I would rather pay a bit more for something substantial like a weapon or map pack. Something that will change the game rather than just show other players that I spent 2 dollars.

The character package is purely aesthetic. We are gamers and we understand that an advantage bought by money can be quite infuriating. The armor is just for show, it makes him look pretty awesome, doesn't it? I want some armor like that! =)

/thread

Its pretty much true what Xienen have said !

Upvote 0
I bought the DLC by the way, but I still think it's stupid.

I would rather pay a bit more for something substantial like a weapon or map pack. Something that will change the game rather than just show other players that I spent 2 dollars.

I used to play BF2 with friends but they did DLC your way and it really ruined the game. I understand your viewpoint, you're not paying for anything major, although the skins themselves are pretty awesome pieces of art.

They can't charge for maps anyway as people can easily make those free of charge.

Paying for weapons would also just pi** a lot of people off, it would be an unfair advantage to people who bought the weapons compared to those who can't.

Paying for skins makes the only sense, plus it's not just skins, it's 4 new nicely made character models that arn't that easy to make.

They could always have a donate button and make everything free, but how much would they make from donations compared to this skin pack?

Upvote 0
I'm surprised to see people complaining about this. I expected a 5 dollar price for the DLC so I was pleasantly surprised to see it was only 2 dollars. I would have happily paid even 5 dollars for the content. Tripwire makes great games and I want to support them-the new characters are just a little added bonus. :D

In fact...I think I'm going to buy the DLC again for my friend. He probably doesn't really care either way but I'm feeling generous and I think Tripwire deserves it for putting more DLC into their game than L4D ever has (thus far). ^_^

BTW I'm anxiously awaiting the Heavy Metal update. So stoked for it.

Upvote 0
Cheap? All you get is 4 skins! I am a long time supporter of TWI who pre-ordered RO and also own KF. However in my personal opinion this DLC is just sad. With all the great things I have told others about Tripwirte I personally cannot defend them here.

I thought I would only see crap like this working on the kiddies on PS3 and 360 but I guess not. It's crazy to me that a grown man would pay for what his character in an FPS can "dress up" as. If you are going to have DLC at least have it contain something meaningful that actually changes your play experience.

Upvote 0