• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. THD

RS Booby Trap Gap.

Fully supported. People don't use boobytraps as much right now because most don't even realise that you can. Give it a month or two and they will be everywhere. It is already annoying as hell to play american on saipan. Making it possible for a teammate to blow up on one would make people more...
  2. THD

General: "Cannot prone here"

I agree, in real life if you are getting shot at and need to get down, you will go prone, even in a one max foxhole, whatever it would take. Make the character turn or bend if an obstacle is in the way, or whatever, but going prone should be a lot easier than it is now.
  3. THD

Tweaking has to end NOW!

This is the console generation, they will complain about every single little thing that doesn't fit into their idea of how the game should be played. Soon enough they will try to force everyone to use the same mouse sens, because clearly, if some "pre-teen-cod-kiddie-noob-etc" lowers his sens...
  4. THD

Tweaking has to end NOW!

What are those uber dark places you are talking about? Maybe it is your gamma that it set too low, because I have yet to find a spot where you can't see anything because it is dark.
  5. THD

Watch the Final Match of the Scorched Earth Tournament Live

The stream recording has no sound... :confused:
  6. THD

Question: Sound Mutator

Do a proper sound engine for RO2 instead.
  7. THD

*Realdeath* option

Good idea OP, I think the main part missing atm is a sound effect - even though you die the sound still plays normally. If it would slowly fade to silence as your view went black (slow death) or both instantly cut out (instant death, e.g. headshot or artillery shell), it would add a lot to the...
  8. THD

Leading for ping is ridiculous, Mk.2: An Example

The reason for that is because you have nothing constructive to counter with, because he is right and you are not. ;) Also, repeating the same statement over and over again will not somehow magically make it right.
  9. THD

What is Team work?

I would divide teamwork into two different kinds: 1) "macro" - the general plan that everyone follows, and 2) "micro", or individual. 1. Macro, or "the Plan", is basically directives assigned by commander or the game system that, if followed (hopefully) increase a team's chances of winning. Can...
  10. THD

RO2: State of the Game

Does it not happen every day already? Better hold off the record books till the day when there are more servers than players for its full duration. Now that will be something.
  11. THD

Realism, frustration, and other things ROHOS

Thing is (and the reason why so many around here are disappointed due to lack of realism) - ro ostfront filled a rather special niche, a reasonably realistic game which was at the same time not too slow and hard to play (think arma). That is the reason it stayed alive for so long - it offered...
  12. THD

Reckon this game will pick up again? ):

People comparing their insane public skills. Fun.
  13. THD

WTF? Game running actually smooth now!

fixed. Also, you completely misunderstood what I meant in my post.
  14. THD

I was going to leave this thread and its clueless starter alone, but as the thread is quite useless anyway, there is no harm in derailing it, right? I wonder where people like you come from. For starters if you cannot see the difference between 30 and 60 fps in a game, you need your eyes...
  15. THD

Utterly wrong, and it has been said a million times why, so doing it once more is unnecessary (other than pointing out that it is wrong). The curious may use the search function though.
  16. THD

My thoughts

The only RO1 "vets" that are getting destroyed now are those whose idea of RO1 was prone camping on some irrelevant edge of the map for half a round. The actual good players of RO1 are still at top of the food chain, and many of them have the opinion that RO2 actually is less skill-dependent...
  17. THD

RO2 and why I will play BF3 more

Stuff like this will just earn you auto-downvotes regardless of content in the rest of your post (and you don't really have any). Learn why zoom is in the game.
  18. THD

Performance: CPU limitation and bad audio system?

Good, another sound thread, these seem to be popping out like mushrooms after a rainy day now. Hopefully twi will realise that their excuse of "XAudio2 being able to do everything they need" will not hold, pull the finger out of their *** and recode the sound engine to OpenAL some day. This is...
  19. THD

Sight Alignment bug

probably related: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=67584
  20. THD

[Error] Severe performance drop since 9/23 patch.

You can get more than 100 fps if you enable framerate smoothing and set the limits to whatever you want (62 by default).