• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. [Mad_Murdock]

Hello (again) everyone!

Hi guys, Murdock here. Its been a few years since my last post but with the release of RS2 coming up I wanted to pop back in and say hi. I've been pretty busy these last few years but hopefully I can get involved in the community again. Looking forward to seeing you guys around, especially the...
  2. [Mad_Murdock]

Battlefield 2014 Military Fest

Man, that looks awesome! So jealous, they really know how to do Eastern Front reenactments out there in the old country. Good luck finding one here in SoCal. Sick T-35 too. Would have loved to see that thing rolling around. Thanks for the video by the way!
  3. [Mad_Murdock]

[Game] ArmA 3, for real

So does this mean I can now enjoy all of the old content on the *new* engine? If so, are all of the older ACE mod resources also compatible? The reason I ask is that ACE was the only thing that made ArmA2 playable for me (along with some wonderful weapon/vehicle/island packs), and I was hoping...
  4. [Mad_Murdock]

Axis / Allies balance ?

Seriously though, the topic has a habit of recurring roughly every 6 months, and as far as I can tell, the roll call of the two camps never changes. You always have the same folks screaming bloody murder about Axis being OP, and Soviets getting ****d over, and on the other side the Axis...
  5. [Mad_Murdock]

Role Limitation

Pretty much this. I like the idea of limiting roles to people who know how to play them, but at the same time, I can't support locking out players who want to learn. This sounds like it would almost make a better unlock system than we have now. Ex: Basic Role > Level 25/50 = SL Unlocked, SL >...
  6. [Mad_Murdock]

27th January - Leningrad blockade was finally destroyed.

Indeed Shadrach. Thanks for posting this aaz. It's really eerie to watch people just walking past the corpses like that. Like it's nothing. Those people went through something I can't even imagine.
  7. [Mad_Murdock]

[Game] Insurgency 2 - Kickstarter

Just had a lot of fun with this over the weekend. Really is reminiscent of the mod. Although, it reminds me more of the old Vietcong game than anything else. Which is good because i played the hell out of that. One thing though, that makes me cringe every time, is the optics mounted directly to...
  8. [Mad_Murdock]

[Game] Company of Heroes 2

That's because, statistically, this scenario has never happened.
  9. [Mad_Murdock]

Ironsights - A different POV

Excellent find! I just spent a good 2 hours going through those :)
  10. [Mad_Murdock]

Limit daily play hours

Back in my day, spending too much time at videogames got you beat up on the playground :D
  11. [Mad_Murdock]

RO2 PzB39 in Stalingrad.

I do not mean to be a pain, but this basically contradicts your previous point about there being no problem with the Germans using this magic "Pzb". By this point in time it was obvious that the ATR was for all intents and purposes "Lesser" gear. Thus the only place that the captured PTRS will...
  12. [Mad_Murdock]

RO2 PzB39 in Stalingrad.

Thank you! I'm glad I am not the only one for whom this is actually an issue. This has been bothering me ever since I first learned of the magical 160% damage bonus for the "PzB". As for including the Pzb 39 or even the Granatbuchse, I am all for it! Would make for some great variety in the AT...
  13. [Mad_Murdock]

RO2 Pps-42

I would much rather have the MP-38 or MP-41 in-game than some of the almost fantasy things we have now, such as the stock-less PPS and MP-40/II.
  14. [Mad_Murdock]

[Game] what game is this?

lol, that^. I find these days, critic scores are often proportional to the $$$'s the publisher is willing to spend. Funny story about Op. Blockade, my favorite part of that game was seeing how many planes I could take out with the howitzer.
  15. [Mad_Murdock]

what OS to put in old P3 system???

Hmm, If your family is familiar with Linux use, that would be my best suggestion. If they are not / don't want to learn a new OS, you might want to go with the XP. You know what, let me give my dad a call tomorrow. He runs an excellent Linux box that is light weight, but has the option of...
  16. [Mad_Murdock]

Walther MKb.42(W)

Unfortunately, this.
  17. [Mad_Murdock]

RS A sacrifice needs to be made.

I never thought I would say this, but I think that RS is actually well balanced both between Japanese and American as well as gameplay and realism. My only contention is that the flamer badly needs splash damage. Indoor flamethrower should be a big no-no. Other than that I think it is alright...
  18. [Mad_Murdock]

[Game] what game is this?

Operation Blockade. That game was sweet, havent played it in ages. Surprised Im not the only one who remembers it:) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation:_Blockade
  19. [Mad_Murdock]

RS Type 38 Unlocks

I originally wanted to side with you on this one, but there are two reasons I cant: First, a heavier weapon will have less recoil for the same round than a lighter one, couple of people already mentioned this. Second, the BAR is designed like a rifle, it is far more ergonomic than the Type...
  20. [Mad_Murdock]

RO2 Pps-42

I was gonna say, before I was ninja'd several times, but....weren't we doing this already?