• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

A Rant, A lesson

Sing the song dude, it's the only way!!:eek:
  2. S

A Rant, A lesson

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/south-park-succubus/1382288172 That's what you need to do. Don't fail.
  3. S

Apocalypto

Finally saw it too, great movie. Found it great from the opening scene to the final scene.
  4. S

Enough with the Beta Map versions!

Even so, released Betas should be spaced out a bit. Also, Servers should try and refrain from constant changes of versions. What bugs me more than this though are the amount of remakes others do on established Maps. Perhaps every Tom, Dick, and Harry who edits an existing Map has a good idea...
  5. S

Dining With Hitler In Asia: Hitler-themed Bars & Restaurants

Kinda old news, but it is kind of funny. Definitely shows different perceptions of history. One day, many generations from now, I could see the same happening in much of the West. The same way that Napolean, Attila, and Genghis Khan are no longer considered too evil for something similar are.
  6. S

Tactics Fire and Maneuver

I've tried doing it that way, too much of a hassle IMO and not very effective. You have to delay to Reload the gun, all too often you'll park the Tank in a position the Gunner can't use. and due to the Reload time you end up a sitting duck for the Enemy at some point in the process. When Solo...
  7. S

Can't install catalyst!

.Net Framework installed? Try Disabling AntiVirus before Installing Catalyst.
  8. S

Scientists Break The Speed Of Light!!!

Crap! This is why we can't have nice things!!! Who amongst us can fix this? Who?? :mad:
  9. S

DDR SSD- BS or not?

Mysterious stutters are often caused by: 1) Software running in the background that conflicts with what has the stuttering. Games will often exhibit this. Distributed Computing projects such as BoINC, F@H, and others can cause this. Other Applicatons that load themselves up at Startup can do...
  10. S

DDR SSD- BS or not?

Didn't read much of it, but the Hard Drive is certainly the biggest Bottleneck these days. CPU's can still be a Bottleneck, but only in certain situations and ,for us Common Folk, usually related to Video Card performance. This device is clearly intended for Commercial applications and would be...
  11. S

Got an x1950 but little to no improvement

3200, I suspect it's a Socket A. If it is, then it really would have been better for you to have upgraded your CPU/Motherboard/RAM. You could have done it for a little more than the price of the x1950(within $100) and seen a very nice boost.
  12. S

Russia claims North Pole

Silly Putin. He's only 30 years late, when Canada put the flag on the North Pole. Wouldn't be surprised if a number of other national flags were also placed there as well. It was a stunt, not a deciding factor.
  13. S

The future of computer gaming (in 1984)

Those were great times. Practically every game was cutting edge and pushed the boundaries of what was possible. Every year new genres were created and any single person with a good idea could become a Game Making Star overnight.
  14. S

Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank

Very nice!
  15. S

WTF? The Kwik-E-Mart!

Somewhere in my town the only Kwik-E-Mart in Canada is situated. I suppose I should go see it, maybe buy something.
  16. S

2D Art trouble getting 2 sided tex into map

Try flipping the Normals on one of the Planes. probably facing the same direction as the other Plane. Also, did you UVMap both Planes? If not, the UV's on the invisible Plane might simply be stretched to ridiculous amounts rendering the Texture invisible.
  17. S

The BF109...

RO/UT can make Maps large enough for Planes, especially prop planes. In fact, maps like Orel are already as large as most BF1942 Maps. The problem will be Flight characteristics as you'll need to code a lot of new stuff. Personally, it would be nice to have some aircraft for Decoration at the...
  18. S

24/7 map servers- worst thing ever to happen to RO?

Need more Tank only Servers. I'll play Infantry once in awhile, but only if I'm forced to or it becomes apparent that Infantry can tip the balance on a Tank Map. Perhaps it's my Server Filter setting preventing me from seeing Tank Servers, but since the Patch I haven't seen my 2 favorites. It's...
  19. S

SDK problem

hehe, if I had a dime... Just remember that solution. It'll happen again...and again...
  20. S

Red Orchestra Desktops

Nice! Soviet is now my desktop. :)