• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

Reopening the Red Orchestra 2 Beta

H'okay, thanks much!
  2. T

Reopening the Red Orchestra 2 Beta

I'm gonna make a wild guess that there isn't any Beta servers up right now? All downloaded and whatnot, but the Beta comes up at 2 players online with no servers to be found. :p
  3. T

Will you have a beta testing version?

I imagine that TWI will have a closed Beta test of the game. I also imagine that they will use the list of current Beta testers that they've had since RO went commercial. I also further imagine that those Beta testers won't say a damn thing about it because of the NDA's we had to sign to...
  4. T

Jam-able weapons

I am for jamming, as it was an issue, especially on the Russian side where training on weapons care was sketchy at best, non-existent at worst. But, like Ermac said, if the best that could be done to represent this is 'everytime you fire you have X% chance of jamming' then I would much rather...
  5. T

Dead nades and Team Killing

There's not really anything that the game itself can do about that. That's a setting on the hosting server itself. Server admins can chose how many TKs are permitted before 'X' retaliatory action is taken (ie: kicking, banning, etc) and also what percentage of damage someone will take from...
  6. T

Aiming

To further onto Foggys picture, of course it's possible for a sniper to look through a scope and have his peripheral vision still maintain focus. The purpose of a scope is not only to magnify the view, but also to correct the parallax of the image.
  7. T

I got my first kills

My first kill was a long, long time ago and I'm sure it was something incredibly stupid (TK) or incredibly lucky (spray and pray with an SMG)... Now, my first kill after RO went commercial release was on Rakowice as a German PAK-Soldat. Running towards the front lines and pulled out a...
  8. T

Red Orchestra: A Retrospective

Yeah, the lack of a blinking map icon made for some interesting rounds. It was entirely possible, on some maps, to completely avoid all contact and cap the furthest objective. Which, of course, usually led to being hunted down like a dog unless your team decided to make a good push, or you...
  9. T

Fine, even more e-penor comparisons, and on the subject of the k98 animations. How many of you remember, or even noticed, that with the rifles back in the early Beta days, if you watched closely enough, you could see whether or not there was still a cartridge in the magazine? This being before...
  10. T

Daaaaamn... hard to believe it's been that long... Certainly hard to believe that it's been three years since the release of the commercial version. I remember my first round of RO in Beta 1.2 on the Road to Moscow (I think?) map. Single player, as I didn't want to hop into a online server...
  11. T

How the k43 should load & sound!

Been there, done that. In fact, I do monthly military rifle competitions with my local gun club. We've done shoots in temperatures ranging from -25C to +40C (that royally sucked in a German wool uniform), with positions including standing off-hand, kneeling, sitting, and prone. Generally I do...
  12. T

How the k43 should load & sound!

I partially agree on the matter of the stripper clips for the semi-autos. Soldiers who were issued the G43 and the SVT-40 were issued with three magazines, and a pair of stripper clip pouches. The theory was that the soldiers would load via stripper clip during times where they were not under...
  13. T

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Hurk. That much for a 91/30? Man... I thought collecting was an expensive enough hobby here... I don't imagine there's too many that can afford to over there... :(
  14. T

Gah, sorry for the late response... Yeah, they're both quite a distinctive plum colour as, as User Name mentioned, it was part of the refurb process. Thankfully, the ones I got were mostly matching, which is a definite rarity in the refurb process. :p Sadly though, the only thing that...
  15. T

Oops, right you are. Mine is West German. My bad.:o Though, sprusingly, it lacks any of the usual markings associated with the West German use, such as the extra serial numbers on the triger guard, or the usual 'Bavaria Police' markings. The only way I'd know it was Wester German is because...
  16. T

The East German M1 Carbines are like a lot of the other surplus stuff that the Americans sold off after the war (Danish M1 Garands, etc). In this case, the East German Border Patrol had an afluence for the M1 Carbine and purchased a large number of them after the war. In my case, they...
  17. T

The key is under the mat, right beside the muzzle of my 12-gauge. :D
  18. T

Been a while since I updated this, so there's a few items... From back row forward, left to right; SVT-40, 1940 Tula SVT-40 sniper, 1940 Ishevsk M44 Carbine, 1945 Ishevsk M38 Carbine, 1944 Ishevsk SKS-45, 1954 Tula M91/30, 1927 Tula Gewehr 98 Reworked to Kar98k, 1917 Danzig Kar98k, 1943...
  19. T

Help Tripwire Interactive by having fun - join the new beta!

Sweet, got in. Wow... And I didn't even have to bribe anyone... *shuffles the large generic pile o' cash away for another day* :p
  20. T

Tracer off button...

I always love how people ignore that whole little thing called, 'proving it.' And no, a handful of instances are not 'proving' that anything was common enough to warrant being in the game. On your same line of thinking... I have a recorded instance of a single SS trooper finding himself...