• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. ForrestMarkX

PC Fire FX is no longer properly attached to the ZED's body

This happens with all effects, this includes medic healing and toxic effects. It seems that either the socket the emitter is linking to is broken or it's getting a relative position set that is incorrect
  2. ForrestMarkX

PC Weapon firing issue with collision

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: If you fire close to a solid object your projectile will either not spawn or fly nowhere close to the center of your screen Description: If you fire your weapon and if you are close to a player (Collision on and off doesn't matter) or any solid...
  3. ForrestMarkX

PC Client/Server ammo desync

It started forever ago, so no specific version
  4. ForrestMarkX

PC Client/Server ammo desync

Category: Code Reproducibility: Sometimes Summary: Ammo desync with projectile weapons causes issues Description: There has been a issue going on for a very long time that has plagued users who use projectile based weapons such as the Demo. It seems that at times the ammo can become desynced...
  5. ForrestMarkX

Current Known Mod Support Requests

Yoshiro Well the only issue I can provide an example for off hand is the Canvas.PushMaskRegion one. Basically a text draw and create a FontRenderInfo and set bClipText to true, then call Canvas.PushMaskRegion before drawing the text and Canvas.PopMaskRegion after, the text will not be clipped...
  6. ForrestMarkX

Canvas.PushMaskRegion and Canvas.PopMaskRegion do nothing and is related to the Canvas clipping issue mentioned in the first post
  7. ForrestMarkX

Mod/Map setup for Main Menu mod

This a tutorial for mappers and modders to enable there mods to work with the main menu replacment that I am working on. These will not affect your map or mod in anyway in the default game as the values are only read from my main menu. Maps This one is rather simple, my mod will automatically...
  8. ForrestMarkX

KFMutatorSummary code recommendation

I noticed that players are required to manually add a KFMutatorSummary to there KFGame.ini for a mutator to appear in the GUI. I created some code that will do this automatically for them when running the mutator once. I recommend adding this code into KFMutator so that all mutators will...
  9. ForrestMarkX

PC KFMutatorSummary localization error

FriendlyName and Description are localized strings which makes them completely useless as the localizations will have to be added into KFGame.int which really isn't a wise idea to do as any update or verify cache would overwrite the file.
  10. ForrestMarkX

It seems that KF2 does not support Total Conversions at all even though it was said that it will, -mod and -solomod are usless and do nothing, making creating total conversions a painful process as it will need us to edit the base game ini files Is there a reason why these do nothing Yoshiro
  11. ForrestMarkX

The SoundCue issue is another important fix because due to custom AkEvents still not being possible mappers and modders are unable to add there own sounds to stuff like ambience/weapons/ZEDs and so on
  12. ForrestMarkX

More info about some of the issues suggested by Marco. On the package linker he suggested you save the files based on GUID and not filename. This would avoid version mismatch issues. On the material compiling he suggested a commandline in KFEditor.exe to compile shaders when brewing a package...
  13. ForrestMarkX

This is the error that occurs [0523.69] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'kfcrashtest': Can't find file for package 'kfcrashtest' while loading NULL [0523.69] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'kfcrashtest.CrashTestPlayerController'! Referenced by 'KFCrashTest_Extended.PlayerControllerExt'...
  14. ForrestMarkX

Update on the LinkerLoader problem, it seems the issue mainly stems from when the workshop addon was loaded. If the mod that needs to extend another mod is downloaded first then it causes the issue. The class is still always None if it's downloaded via a HTTP redirect
  15. ForrestMarkX

More info on the LinkerLoader problem, this issue also extends to archtypes within UPK packages, if you have a archtype within your .upk that references the asset of another mods UPK will also be None if they are loaded from cache in anyway.
  16. ForrestMarkX

The second one is the most important of any of these as it will enable use to create compatibility patches for other mods, currently the only way to do so is if the only classes you need to extend are serverside only. The asset issue is only secondary as it affects redirect downloads only but...
  17. ForrestMarkX

Custom Material Compiling Custom materials can't be compiled ingame due to KFGame.exe being compiled with -NOEDITOR. This prevents modders from being able to create things that needs a custom material. A good example of this was a 3D UI system I was making for damage numbers, I can't use a...