• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

Proposal for Swat Buffs through a Mini-Rework

Additions to passives: - 6 Starting Armor Per level (Max 150) - 2% Max Armor per level. (Max 50%. This Increase to max Armor does not give you starting armor.) —----------------------------------------------------------------- Juggernaut (Renamed Heavy Armor Training): (Added): Increase perk...
  2. D

Survivalist Rework Idea (with buffs)

I didn't notice the upcoming grenade choice feature. However it seems like the only choices are the option provided by the Tier 3 skill or the Basic HE Granade the Survivalist starts with. I unnecessarily Included the Healing Grenade part because this rework is a Modification of an Survivalist...
  3. D

Survivalist Rework Idea (with buffs)

The Problem with the Survivalist Perk: With more and more weapons coming out, perks have weapon options that let the perk cover up its own weakness or face enemies they normally cannot. With most perks already having these options, the need of a perk allowing weapons from multiple weapons to...
  4. D

How to rework the perk system if there was a KF3. (Pls read message if you don't understand option.)

P.S. I have never opened the general discussion tab so I didn't know there was a KF3 related post on top. I typed this entire thing in a work doc before deciding that suggestion and Ideas may not be the best place. I was thinking about what justification would be required for making a KF3 and...
  5. D

Scientist Perk (3rd attempt) (CC Zeds, Team support, and Weapon upgrade synergy.)

Matriarch, King Fleshpound, and E.D.E.R Trapper all have Lasers that should do Emp damage. The swats bullet resistance only effects blaster E.D.E.R and hans. For the movespeed, I was mirroring the supportiveness Field Medic got from its basics but it might have been overkill. Would need to...
  6. D

Scientist Perk (3rd attempt) (CC Zeds, Team support, and Weapon upgrade synergy.)

Scientist Perk Goal of Perk: Perk around CCing, Weapon Upgrades, and setting up for damage perks. Weapons: Supportive Weapons that are ice, Electric, or other science based. Starting Weapon: Taser Pistol (see bottom before rationale). Grenade: Freezing Grenade (Sharpshooter’s, unique Alt...
  7. D

Scientist Perk (2nd attempt) (CC enemies and other team support)

Scientist Perk Goal of Class: Class around CCing and team support. (also a money dump for endless and long games.) Weapons: Supportive Weapons that are ice, Electric, or other science based. (see end of post.) Starting Weapon: Taser Pistol (see bottom). Grenade: Berserkers or Sharpshooters...
  8. D

Swat rework v2 (A lot tankier, a bit of conditional damage, and move speed options.)

Addressed these concerns in my new edits. (Changes + Rational below) Exchanged Juggernaut from mag size to damage, to keep the use of maintaining body armor while also giving swat more damage potential in a way not too strong. Returned mag size increase in full to base kit. (Perk weapon damage...
  9. D

Swat rework v2 (A lot tankier, a bit of conditional damage, and move speed options.)

Though not every perk needs to be viable on every type of map (demo would have difficulty on those tight maps,) I do see your point. As such I decided to return the mag size per lv back into the basics at half as effective as current Swats (2% per lv for max 50%.) With Juggernaut giving half as...
  10. D

The point of removing the mag size as base and pointing it as scaling it off of Armor was to allow a swat player to get 100+% Mag size while still having the perk be a low lv. Additionally, it gives a reason to maintaining high body armor instead of it just being a damage sponge to protect your...
  11. D

New edits: Completely returned mag size buff in base kit. Juggernaut's armor scaling is now damage increase instead of mag size. Tactical movement changed from 5% move speed to 10% sprinting speed. Battle hardy reworked and renamed to Hardy. (Tier 4 renamed to Perseverance.) (reworded some...
  12. D

My First Draft at an Ice + Electric Perk (CC enemies to set up allies)

Thx for the feedback, You are right that Ice weapons don't really have much of an innate style to them so I think I will rework the idea of the class to be completely supportive while diversify the effects to make it work with not just ice weapons. I'll probably keep Lingering effects and the...
  13. D

My First Draft at an Ice + Electric Perk (CC enemies to set up allies)

Perk Name (pending): Elementalist (kind of long and sounds out of place with the other perks) Scientist (Makes it sound there should be weapons other then Ice or Electric; maybe gravity based or other hyper-futuristic) Weapons: Any Weapon that is Electric or Ice Based. (see list in spreadsheet...
  14. D

Swat Rework idea (less free stuff, higher skill cap, and stronger utility.)

Mag size change: The mag size increase of the Swat is 4% for each lv (thus 100% at lv 25.) Juggernaut gives 1% mag size for each point of armor, so having 100 body armor gives 100% mag size. Normally at lv 5 you would have 20% mag size, but by basing it off of armor you can get 100% at lv 5. If...
  15. D

Swat Rework idea (less free stuff, higher skill cap, and stronger utility.)

Edited: Link is to a buffed version of this Swat Rework. I think that the first version of the rework was a buff, but it was not enough to make Swat Viable. Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qtWJrijI8T7VVSSHhbCWBG6c3P4awFnOLgZX5rBzjKg/edit?usp=sharing Buffs in linked version: Turned...
  16. D

Survivalist Rework Idea (replacing Oddly-specific perks and small consistency changes)

Comments responses: My overall goal of the rework was to replace problem skills that are too specific with more general options while also doing some consistency changes. As such I did not include some buffs that may be needed (like recoil reduction or more damage from base.) as I don’t want to...
  17. D

Survivalist Rework Idea (replacing Oddly-specific perks and small consistency changes)

Thesis / Overall problem A Survivalist's role in the game is to be the jack of all trades by allowing all weapon use at the expense of a lot of damage and to have skills that give utility and survivability. The problem with the perk though is that it has oddly specific skills that limit...
  18. D

Survivalist Rework Idea

This post is about commenting on the changes (or nitpicks) Aze proposed and to throw out alternate ideas when reflecting on my old ones. General Change that matters more latter: Basic Grande is the Molotov instead of He Grenade. Reason 1: I want the survivalist to have molotov for Maham Maker...
  19. D

Survivalist Rework Idea

Thesis / Overall problem Survivalists role in the game is too be the jack of all trades by allowing all weapon use at the expense of some damage and to have skills that give utility and survivability. The problem with the perk though is that it not only deals less perk bonus damage but none of...
  20. D

Easier way to impliment Weapon upgrade changes for programmers

I do agree that it would be nice to have upgrades besides damage, but having separate weapon variants for this would just clutter the shop. An easier way would be to allow the player to click on the stat bar or ammo symbol to choose what upgrade they want. This way there is no need to make new...