• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

New Total War Game announced!

Total War: Eras contains Shogun along with the expasion Mongol Invasion as well as Medieval 1 and Rome, both including all available expansions (that is one for MTW and two for RTW. It's a definite must-have if any of these games are still missing in your collection. Plus, it's rather cheap...
  2. H

An interesting thing happened to me

I'd ask you the same if it didn't state in your profile. A country where general traffic rules do not apply to bicylists that are using official roads doesn't sound like the more civilized part of the world... Obviously, traffic rules only apply to on-road driving. I'm sure, if you only drive...
  3. H

Equalizer for windows

If you have Vista, yes, its all-new sound system (the same that "broke" X-Fi cards) provides both a system-wide as well as a "per-application" equalizer functionality. At least, according to what I have read, haven't had the chance to try this for myself yet.
  4. H

Am I mad? Run an LCD from a PSU's internal power lines?

Just as in the good ole days of AT: Just hook the power cable of your (then) CRT onto your PSU, requiring only one line to the socket. Plus, the case switch was still a real switch and would also turn on/off the display in sync with the PC :) As to your idea, I'd figure it should work...
  5. H

You Crazy Russians

Stroboscopic effects FTW. Next time you're in a disco, pay close attention to the "flickering light" and people's movents ;)
  6. H

40th anniv, 6-day war 1967

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Here's hoping that arte will maintain their higher-quality level and not air one of these darned ZDF Guido Knopp history "shows"... :( Didn't even know there was a match going on...
  7. H

Could tanks fire while moving?

Now that you mention it I got that image of a Sturmtiger doing that in my head :D 380mm of glory ;)
  8. H

Greetings in every language represented in RedOrchestra

Wo lebst Du denn? :confused:
  9. H

Medieval II: Total War

Yeah, I really miss the city view, I love to watch my settlements grow prosperous :) Even liked that from way back in Civ I! Sooo nice! Really got no clue why they took that out as well as dismounting before battle and tar and oil on the gates... :mad: Anyway, I like to play less...
  10. H

Can't say because I haven't had the chance to thouroughly test either. I'd say R&P for the simple sake of just added regions (if you do not want to modify anything else). The easy answer: Torrent. I'm using that for each and everything whereever possible. Post in the appropriate...
  11. H

Could tanks fire while moving?

If they were firing HE rounds at infantry, they probably didn't need that extra bit of accuracy you'd want against enemy tanks... ;)
  12. H

Europa Barbarorum - mod for RTW

And I certainly didn't read your post that way, either. In fact, I gathered you'd like the slower pace just as I do, simply because the vannilla battles are much too fast :)
  13. H

Compared to all other TW games, Rome battels feel totally arcadish even with the option ticked off! When I was playing some Vanilla RTW after having been busy wqith M2TW for quite a while, I was shocked at how fast one BI mission battle was actually over! Everyone was fighting and running as...
  14. H

How about Regions&Provinces? Portvcale is nice, too:
  15. H

Hitler's car stolen / Der F

In that case, it would have been best cutting out the sound altogether. IIRC, the Flight Simulator X thing didn't have any sound when I watched it, and yes, I did find that one hilarious although (or because?) I had watched the movie before. I wasn't particularly referring to this joke...
  16. H

Hitler's car stolen / Der F

17. H

Heh, that never occured to me because I was using the leaked 1.2 patch and it wouldn't even let me patch from that to final 1.2 :/ So, I had to reinstall anyway, not much of a thing, really, though, as I wanted to clean out the modding folders anyway to get them all to a proper 1.2 installation.
  18. H

So, am I the only one still having DL problems? :( Could someone at least pass me the torrent file so I can try my luck with that? The website itself works perfectly fine, however, none of the (three, so far) DL links work :/ And I did DL previous versions successfully, soo...
  19. H

Well, it worked ok for me last time (0.81a that was) and I'm preferring torrents simply because it helps saving the developer's bandwidth and is ususally faster than a direct DL on release day for me. Anyway, as it looks like, none of the DL possibilities work for me, always getting a "page...