• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

When did you gain interest in RO?

Hi, I put the third option as I then believed Tripwire could go on to have the resources to really come out with a polished game in the future, believing that the small team of the time could build on their success. I remember buying UTK3 and being a tad disappointed with it, so started...
  2. B

Shut Up!

Thanks Thor, I really apprecaite the time you have taken to do this. This was one thing that really did bother me about the game where your solfier would shout battle chatter at the most inappropriate moment. Great that the admins can decide what to turn off. Good job :D
  3. B

Just got the game

Some people who played the mod version of Red Orchestra disliked Ostfront intently and never played it again after trying it. The same is true for some who played Ostrfont religiously who now feel they are not getting what they expected/wanted and are miffed at Tripwire. I am happy to say I am...
  4. B

Just got the game

When RO1 was release I could not play it. Soon after everything was fine. So many games have issues on release. Glad you are enjoying it - my pc is kaput at the moment so need to fix it before I join you on the battlefield
  5. B

Amount of SMG's/Semi-auto's (reallism v gameplay)

I find it takes more skill to use a rifle properly, needs more team interaction to cover all areas and is more historically accurate. So a bit of both as to why. In Ro there were bolt only nights and they were a blast ( not that I am suggesting we go that far on a regular basis)
  6. B

Bigger maps? Squad spawning?

Those were community made maps, I believe. Don't worry, there has always been a tanking community in RO with some modders focusing on tank maps
  7. B

Bigger maps? Squad spawning?

Tripwire have said they will be releasing troop carriers as a future release but if modders wanted to make their own, then they could do that. People can get their hands on a limited "preview" version of the RO SDK if they want to, until the full RO SDK comes out. See this thread if you are...
  8. B

RO2 and why I will play BF3 more

I am not really sure why people are comparing the two games. Sure, they are both FPS shooters of some description but from what I have read, they are aiming for two different types of experiences, different environments and different handling. I could be wrong here since I have not invested...
  9. B

Uh, stats & unlocks & levels, still broken?

They have asked for people to test the stats issue here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=68091 so if you still have the beta installed, you may want to give that a try.
  10. B

RO2 featured in the first PC Gamer Digital

PC Gamer have said they are testing it out in the US first and then will provide access to the rest of the world when they are happy to do so. Hence, why I cannot view it either as I am in London.
  11. B

future of ro2

I remain optimistic. Tripwire have shown they at least care about the community. That is based on past releases and the support they have given them on a continual basis. Bugs and fixes will come out. New content is due in the future and new mods. Frankly, I am not too bothered that people...
  12. B

How do you play this...?

What do you mean EVEN >40-50 :eek: Cheeky whippersnapper ;)
  13. B

What is the most annoying person in the game?

Griefers was my choice but forum whiners came a close second. Actually the most annoying people are those that fill chat with pointless arguments ; "You tk'ed me so I tk'ed you !" "But I didn't mean it ! It was an accident ! " "You still tk'ed me " Then we get a constant stream of petty...
  14. B

You can now pre-order the RO2 OST!

Good stuff. I do hope other distribution methods become available too :D
  15. B

Stop being a tourist.

I have time to post in the forums when my boss is not looking. Unfortunately, I think he would notice a bit more if I was playing Red ORchestra :)
  16. B

RO2 is a true successor to the mod

Hi Melipone, Just to try to explain better, for me, it is more the feeling of using , firing and the general immersion that reminds me of the original mod. It is very subjective, I know, but that feeling is there in the core gameplay. Things like zoom, load outs and maps as well as general...
  17. B

To all players...one word makes a big difference

Personally, I will almost always forgive unless the person did something blatantly stupid. It keeps everything friendly and is courteous and promotes a good atmosphere on the server.
  18. B

Help us out#2 Kill Cam On or Off

Off for me on the whole Occasionally on when having a very relaxed match
  19. B

Stop being a tourist.

I am going the Iron Crescendo way; planned matches without any commitment. I do not feel I can give enough time to a clan in my present situation.
  20. B

RO2 is a true successor to the mod

As someone who played the mod when it was first released for UTK3 I have to agree wholeheartedly with this statement. Ostfront did lose this from the original mod. This is now back; it feels satisfying again just to shoot a rifle. Ostfront had its merits, no doubt, but this morning I got up...