• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

[Crash] Game crashes in multiplayer

I had this problem and I just solved it by uninstalling PunkBuster, and then updating it. PROBLEM: When I joined a server, I'd choose a side and be in the process of choosing a role when it would lock up. It didn't crash to desktop, it just froze and I'd have to shut the game down in the Task...
  2. M

Aim zoom.

If you've read the above, which sums the issue up very succinctly, and you still can't comprehend how aim-zoom is an improvement, I suggest you take a step back from this debate and come back later after having thought about it. At the end of the day, the fact is that no game is perfectly...
  3. M

Weapon balance

Agreed. Of course, it depends strongly on the layout of the map. The way weapons are rationed on each map also affects balance, which is an interesting angle on the issue that isn't taken into account in many games. Also, while certain weapons might be 'unbalanced' in that they're far superior...
  4. M

Weapon balance

Oh. Forgot about that. :o Well, problem solved!
  5. M

Weapon balance

As we all know the SMGs in RO all had their recoil exaggerated for balancing purposes, and the end result is it's very difficult to use an SMG at medium range because they're so difficult to keep on target (unless you go prone and brace them against something), not all that realistic, but it...
  6. M

Tactics Bolts vs. Autos vs. SMGs

This thread gives me the impression the semi-autos are underrated. Unless I'm fighting on a really open map, I usually use a semi if one is available. The accuracy difference between bolt-actions and semi-autos is negligible at the ranges a rifleman typically fights at, the only significant...
  7. M

Tactics Suppression

Suppression does work in RO to an extent. While it's true that it's impossible for any player to truly fear for their virtual life, I think it's safe to say that you instinctively take cover when the bullets are getting too close because to not do so results in death more often than not. Death...
  8. M

ArmA: Combat Operations; Is it worth buying??

I feel exactly the same way. Despite it's age, I prefer OFP in just about every way but graphics, which aren't that important to me in a game like this anyway. To be honest, I feel OFP was a better game when it was released than ArmA was at release, and it kept getting better. And besides...
  9. M

Squad Leader Weapon Selection

The only problem I have with semi's is lack of self-control. It's too tempting to go *bangbangbangbangbang*. After firing a round with a bolt action, you work the bolt and re-acquire the target, right? Recoil doesn't enter into the equation because you aim again anyway. But after firing a round...
  10. M

Squad Leader Weapon Selection

Hey, I have no complaints in the maps where a semi-auto is an option. A ranged weapon is a ranged weapon and semi autos are still very accurate if you use them right. But Kryukovo drives me nuts, because the only choices are the MP40 and MP41, and the engagement ranges are long.
  11. M

What's the consensus on the new HDR/Bloom effects?

I agree, the choice is yours. I just wish you'd stop talking as if "turning the game into a blurry glared out mess" is bloom's universal effect and that anyone who thinks differently is deluding themselves or is trading gameplay for looks. I don't understand why, but I know that bloom's effects...
  12. M

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

It isn't. In all honesty it depends on the people you're playing with, but generally you'll find far more teamwork here than in a game like Call of Duty or Counterstrike. RO is by all means a team game and in my experience people coordinating and working together as a team happens a lot more...
  13. M

The RO community pulse.....

No. I don't hate Danzig. I just see a server that plays the same map all the time just because it's popular as retarded. It's like a radio station that only plays one artist's music, get my drift?
  14. M

New owner can't register online

LOL! Your mind works in devious ways. :p
  15. M

Hmm, the only problem I can foresee is if the guy already has a Steam account, which would mean if you give him yours, he'll have two, which I'm sure is against the rules. Even ignoring that fact, it'd be kind of awkward to have two accounts and have to sign in to one or the other depending on...
  16. M

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hello! Welcome. Actually. In my experience, RO wasn't fun at first, not until I got used to it. Long story short, it's now a year later and I'm still here and loving it. :D
  17. M

A new way to TK, or just a dirty trick?

But seriously, this is a big problem. This is one of the reasons tanking is simultaneously one of the most and least enjoyable parts of RO. Great when you're playing with someone sensible, maddening when you're not. Unfortunately, I can't see any kind of solution besides having good admins on...
  18. M

The RO community pulse.....

I think this is a good idea for a topic. There seems to be a bit of a general lull in activity right now in Australia, but things are going pretty well and I detect a slight air of optimism in the community. I've seen a considerable number of old hands return which I'm very happy to see, and...
  19. M

Besides giving him your account name and password and telling him he's free to use it, I'm not sure how. It wasn't long ago I was talking to a friend about this, and we concluded Steam should have a "give gift" function, so you can give games to other people who have Steam accounts. You would...