• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. B

Server KF2 (or any Unreal Engine 3) server on RedHat/CentOS/Rocky/Alma Linux DDoS defense with the help of firewalld

Alright, this didn't work out due to tech limitations. In any case, I'm trying to figure out where to host my server, but there's no visitors, only maybe 1 every day or so. Could someone please try and play a match on one of my servers? - kf.noobient.com - kf-do.noobient.com You can just...
  2. B

Server KF2 (or any Unreal Engine 3) server on RedHat/CentOS/Rocky/Alma Linux DDoS defense with the help of firewalld

I'm working on a feature in killinuxfloor that should alleviate this, hopefully it'll be ready by the end of the week. BTW does anyone know if it's legally OK to publish a docker image that includes all the KF2 binaries preinstalled?
  3. B

[KF3] Please implement keyboard and mouse support + crossplay for consoles

Yeah. I just talked about this with a colleague of mine, he's playing Paladins, and they have both kb+mouse (on both consoles), and crossplay. It seems to be working fine, so I see no technical reason not to have it implemented here :)
  4. B

[KF3] Please implement keyboard and mouse support + crossplay for consoles

(So this is obviously a feature suggestion, and I couldn't find a KF3 sub-forum just yet, so I'm posting it here. Feel free to move it wherever you see fit.) Before you all gasp in terror, yes, I know, kb+mouse gives you an obvious advantage in FPS games. So clearly, there must be different...
  5. B

But that's precisely the puzzling part - what kind of advantage or gain would anyone get by taking offline a KF2 server? This is a coop game, there's literally nothing to gain from taking offline a server - unless you want people to use your own servers, that is. And that's where Tamarin might...
  6. B

As for server numbers, are you sure it's caused by these DDoSes? I skimmed through your article about Tamari et al, do you think they're behind this? I was wondering for quite a while now, who and why would DDoS KF2 servers? What's the rationale? Now, this Tamari stuff might be just that. Btw...
  7. B

Thanks :) Sure, the workshop downloads have been "fixed" a while back :) https://github.com/noobient/killinuxfloor/commit/161d2ee3af05e006ef004a59d507379186991ef1 I just wish TWI would stop linking to random versions of this library...
  8. B

I implemented rate limiting (i.e. DDoS protection) in killinuxfloor using firewalld's builtin function for this. No log parsing required. It simply drops packets if they exceed the set limit for new connections. The installation is automatic and enabled by default. Supports Ubuntu 20.04 /...
  9. B

firewall-cmd is the recommended and default interface to interact with the underlying filtering engine, which is not iptables but nftables on most current systems btw. That's one of the many reasons why it's better to use the common abstraction layer instead of the underlying low-level subsystem...
  10. B

PC Can't Download Steam Workshop Maps To Linux Server Made with LGSM- Item State is 8

Don't sweat it, bugs are rarely fixed :) I've been dealing with helpdesk people for a decade and a half, if you want something fixed, you almost always have to do it yourself. That's why I usually don't even bother reporting bugs. Because it's pure waste of time. If it's open source, I send...
  11. B

PC Can't Download Steam Workshop Maps To Linux Server Made with LGSM- Item State is 8

I honestly don't give a flying f*ck about your opinion. Proper software deployment is not opinion-based. It's not up for debate, these are hard facts. I'm an IT professional with 8 years in the field, 5 years as a senior technical lead, I wrote my thesis around software deployment, I've been...
  12. B

"Better" doesn't come from "simpler". Your solution won't track Steam updates, because it's a one-off copy, instead of linking to the original file that's being kept up-to-date. It'll become obsolete with the first Steam update. So I'd say it's clearly an inferior one. I could give you a...
  13. B

The Cyber Revolt Beta Is Here

I proposed an energy weapon perk 7 months ago. It was 58% upvoted, i.e. almost as many hated it as liked it. Now you come up with 2 energy weapons, shove one up the FIREbug's ***, the other one to the survivalist's. I just don't get it. What on earth does the firebug have to do with phasers...
  14. B

What We Are Up To - Something Fresh From The Labs

I proposed the zapper long ago, I don't understand why you'd force this energy crap down the bug's throat. There's a whole lot of potential for an energy-focused perk, and it makes literally zero sense to give the firebug a friggin' plasma rifle. ... whatever.
  15. B

PC Whitelisted mutator got unranked in these conditions

Thanks a lot for investigating, omano, much appreciated. TW, please fix this in the next patch, this is extremely frustrating and almost impossible to solve without constant manual hacking. I added support for mutators in my server installer, but this is causing me headaches. I'm really not...
  16. B

Server Server webadmin randomly stops responding on Linux

Well it's been 10 days and no problems ever since. Thanks a lot, dude, you're a lifesaver!
  17. B

Dang, that's not a bad idea. I've increased it to 64, will see how it goes, thanks a lot!
  18. B

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here, ports are just ports, they don't have different attributes, just a port number, I don't see how using the same thing on another port would change anything :) Yes, it's a VPS, hosting it at home would make little sense. It runs on CentOS 7.5, but...
  19. B

I'm sure, nothing else listens on port 8080. The server is working perfectly, we regularly play games while webadmin is not responding. Yes, reinstall from scratch didn't help at all. Not even on a new VM. Nothing "special" installed on the server. I don't know what to look for in the logs...
  20. B

I think this started around the Halloween horrors update, but I'm really not sure. Back in the day, it worked perfectly and reliably, but ever since this problem first occurred, it consistently keeps happening. When I navigate around in webadmin, sometimes it stops working. That is, it won't...