• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. V

Dying while carrying DShK causes it to disappear for the rest of the match

This bug happens with such regularity that I had assumed it was an intentional choice on the part of the devs. I do hope that this issue is taken care of in the next round of patches, as it largely negates the usefulness of the DShK. On some maps, it actually feels like the North has it worse...
  2. V

Tet Offensive Event for Campaign Balance

The North desperately needs some buffs in order to return a semblance of balance to the campaign. This seems like a good starting place.
  3. V

Mas49 vs M1 Garand on muzzle velocity (damage)

French Balle C: 139 gr bullet @ 820 m/s = ~3,000 J of energy at muzzle US M2 Ball: 150 gr bullet @ 855 m/s = 3,600 J of energy at muzzle *** The American round has about 20% more energy at muzzle than it's French counterpart. Muzzle energy doesn't necessarily translate into more lethal...
  4. V

Southern Weapon Suggestion: M14A1

...except we have the silenced XM-21, and the "duckbill" shotgun, neither of which ever came even close to being standard issue. The latter was exclusively a special-forces weapon, of which no more than handful were ever made. I agree that actual usage number should partly inform whether a...
  5. V

What Potential QoL changes interest you most?

A few suggestions here: Optional 'Reloading incomplete' message: This was a worse problem some patches back, but still annoys from time to time. Basically, for weapons with longer reload animations, you can interrupt the animation at a point where it (visually) seems to have completed, but...
  6. V

Southern Weapon Suggestion: M14A1

While I think that there is certainly to be made that the M14A1 was present in Vietnam in some numbers, for at least a short period of the war, I just don't think that it's crying out to be included as a weapon in the game. Automatic variants of the M14 were, by virtually all accounts, mediocre...
  7. V

Proposed PAVN/NLF Commander Ability: Deploy Recoilless Gun

Your consideration is all we ask for, and is much appreciated. I do hope that the dev. team continues takes a look at measure to help the North on the attack in campaign maps, where the PAVN / NLF seem to encounter a lot of difficulty.
  8. V

MAS 49 Grenade Launcher should be for the RPG Class

I disagree emphatically. The South already receives the Engineer class, which provides flamethrowers, C-4 and additional WP grenades in addition to the M79s available through the Grenadier class - all capabilities that are unmatched on the Northern side. Adding rifle grenades for the North...
  9. V

Proposed PAVN/NLF Commander Ability: Deploy Recoilless Gun

Gameplay Overview: The idea of this new ability would be to give Northern commanders the ability to spawn a static Type 36 or Type 52 recoilless gun (similar to the current DshK mount) on the battlefield. The gun fires HEAT ammunition, as on the RPG-7, which would likewise be able to penetrate...
  10. V

Vietnamese Commander's Tunnel Ability

I agree with this suggestion, though I would make the new tunnel visible and vulnerable like any other, but also permanent. Tunnels could be spawned on points designated by squad leaders, as long as they are not 'In Enemy Territory'. This would really help to reduce the serious imbalance that...
  11. V

Critical feedback on planned changes.

Role Loadout Changes Strongly disagree about the MAS-49. The NLF / PAVN is suffering very badly due to the lack of long-ranged firepower on some maps, and another rifle with full-power ammunition is desperately needed to counter the South's overwhelming advantage in accurate long-range weapons...
  12. V

Stop removing weapons in late-year campaign matches

Historically speaking, that makes sense. However, the game was originally balanced around having weapons like the M1 Garand, M14 and Mosin-Nagant available on every map; suddenly lifting them out of the game at arbitrary points leads to serious gameplay imbalances. Furthermore, it just makes...
  13. V

The Tunnel bug is back

Occasionally, during gameplay, all NLF / PAVN tunnels on the map will simultaneously disappear. I seem to recall the patch notes from several versions back having claimed to have quashed this particular bug; however, it seems that it has returned. This is a very serious issue from a balance...
  14. V

Stop removing weapons in late-year campaign matches

Anyone else frustrated by how major parts of the game's arsenal 'disappear' as the campaign continues? Perfectly good weapons, such as the M14 and SKS, become unavailable in late-year campaign matches, presumably for purposes of 'historical accuracy' (this, in the game where you can fire the...
  15. V

Update 1.1 Heads To The Community Test Branch - August 25th

Is this some kind of joke in bad taste that I'm not getting? So, if we're to understand correctly: the ARVN infantry get the M2 carbine as a standard option - despite it having only ever made up only a minority of carbine production. The NLF, on the other hand, gets no automatic options at all...
  16. V

Upcoming Rising Storm 2 Hotfix and Community Test Branch Builds

Great to see that the other side of the equation is finally getting some extra attention! But don't forget the RPG-2 / B-40 guys!
  17. V

Adding the M 203 granade launcher

The M203 was type classified in mid-1969, but there is big difference between that and large-scale production and adoption. My suspicion is that a few M203s may have made it to Vietnam, but that the weapon was not widely fielded until, or very shortly before, the drawdown of US troops at the end...
  18. V

Ideas for New NVA / NLF weapons

I strongly considered both the Uk Vz. 59 and the Type 67 when putting together this list; I decided to omit them because, together with the PK, they all seemed to cover the same role, and I didn't want to over-concentrate on the GPMG niche. The Type 67 apparently saw service in Vietnam, but...
  19. V

Thank you for the link! I've increased the rating of the Vz. 58 accordingly. I suspect that the number of Vz. 52 may be greater than Perun58's source suggests - the Czechs produced something in the neighborhood of 200,000 rifles, of which pretty much all would have been candidates for export...
  20. V

Over the past few updates, Rising Storm 2 has received a variety of new weapons to expand gameplay options. Unfortunately, in all but one case, these new additions have been exclusively for the US / AUS / ARVN faction, leaving the NVA / NLF side largely bereft of new content. The lop-sided...