• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. HobbStweedle

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Oh.my.gawd. Awesome job guys!
  2. HobbStweedle

In Country

Very cool! Do you have a team already?
  3. HobbStweedle

Any interest in a Vietnam War mod?

There Yoshi's modern warfare mod for HoS too. So there will potentially be a lot of variety in the mod scene. That is if none of them die along the way.
  4. HobbStweedle

Request to future modders that primarily add new Theatres

#1 rule of mods: Nothing goes to plan.
  5. HobbStweedle

3D & Animation 10 points question?

Well, you wouldn't make the game-ready low poly mesh, since you want to keep things in quads for proper subdivision and sculpting purposes. You can take a basic blocked out form, and then sculpt the details in. Then export that and optimize it to be game ready. Going high to low is much...
  6. HobbStweedle

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I have no problem with the sights. I'm pretty good with it. It's a great all around weapon. I can take out snipers and spammy medics at range, and can still fire fast enough to take out assaults that pop out of no where right in front of you. I have the level 3 gold star with it, so it's...
  7. HobbStweedle

3D & Animation 10 points question?

I think you can aim for around 6k tri's. That seems to be the going rate for UDK ready weapons. Tri's, not polys, mind you. Models are looking great. You should do a high poly sculpt for the character, you could do some really nice detail with the normals.
  8. HobbStweedle

Especially when the shooter seemingly takes no damage from them too :p I'm sad to see the m14 so low on that list. It's definitely my favorite weapon in the game. I don't have the garand, but I'd probably use that if I had it.
  9. HobbStweedle

Iron Europe: 1914-1916

Need more modders. ;)
  10. HobbStweedle

My favorite Perk is Engineer. I'm using the M14, M93R (pistol), M136AT4, with rocket ammo upgrade and explosive damage upgrade. So much fun. Being able to guide the actual rocket makes for some pretty cool moments. Like when a tank is right around a corner and you fire a rocket and turn it...
  11. HobbStweedle

Mine was 18k. Somehow I got a bunch of gold stars and a couple of patches. Advanced me two levels. :D yea yea, no pics, believe if you choose.
  12. HobbStweedle

destructable cover?

He's talking about in game.
  13. HobbStweedle

It's very addicting. Especially when you play with comms. I play with my brother a lot and good communication makes it soo much better. My favorite mode so far is conquest. Rush is fun, but conquest offers a bit more freedom while still having a team goal (besides just eliminating the other...
  14. HobbStweedle

Level Design Show off your WIP *other* Unreal/Source engine maps

Those tree's look great Xendance! I guess that means you figured out your earlier tree problem? The UDK is way complicated. Though the materials editor is a blast to muck around in.
  15. HobbStweedle

The "ROPlayer" problem

KF uses your ID name, which you can set at any time. RO:HoS should use this system (probably already does), it's nice and convenient.
  16. HobbStweedle

the server browser keeps crashing the game for me. I can join games through the 'play now' deal, but then I can't choose hardcore mode. I don't want all this **** floating on my screen all the time :/ Pretty fun in the regular mode though.
  17. HobbStweedle

Old Gewehr 98

In answer to your question. Yes, Iron Europe will have the G98. I don't really see why anyone would want it in HoS, though. Pretty much the only differences you'll be able to see is the straight bolt, and the roller-coaster sights. Other than that it's essentially the same as the k98.
  18. HobbStweedle

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Very cool! I can see those markers coming in handy quite often. Maps look great too!
  19. HobbStweedle

The New Engine For The Possible KF2

I find that the way source handles lighting and lighting information is what gives the plastic look. Even in RnL everything still has that look, even though it's more toned down than say TF2. Sources draw distances don't help with long range shooting either, this is really noticeable in RnL as...