• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Rising Storm 1 VS Rising Storm 2 why RS1 is a million times better Rising Storm 1

What are you talking about? First of all, there are 5 maps for Supremacy and Territory. 3 of those are for Territory, not 1. There are also map/s for skirmish, at least one that I'm aware of but I don't play that gamemode. This list is bull****.
  2. S

M14 needs to have a place in the game

Sight like the one RoastinGhost linked would look perfect.
  3. S

Great screenshots, this demonstrates pretty much my biggest issue with the weapon. Mid range it is very hard to use. Close you can just spam it and long range is still possible to get your crosshair on target but yeah, mid range it's not easy.
  4. S

Remove the M18 smoke signal grenade

M18 is very useful, especially on Hue C or Hill 937 E. Whenever you need air support but can't get direct line of sight, this marker nade is a godsend
  5. S

Please be so kind and explain something to me

You probably killed the pilot, but the player then took control as the copilot and kill himself with the heli. My best guess at least.
  6. S

Radio's for US forces?

Correction, being the VC commander is a boring job. The US commander is much more fun to play as you have more tools at your disposal, and you need a good commander on attack.
  7. S

As it is right now, there is no reason to use the M14 over the M16. It feels like you need the same amount of bullets to kill a player with the M16 while having superior sights and fully automatic option for close range. The M14 damage is inconsistent and the iron sights are terribly obscuring...
  8. S

M1 garand for NVA

Would be nice to see it in the game, but something has to be done about the ironsights being properly interpreted in the game (adjusted for the way a human eye sees through them). The sights would be similar to that of M14 and they suffer from this issue big time (plus terrible damage).
  9. S

Reshade - allowed or not

Yeah but there is a big difference between using a cheat and changing your graphics. Reshade isn't even anywhere near as powerful as other ways of altering graphics (which are allowed and give you a huge advantage)...
  10. S

Hill 937 insta kill zone still not fixed?

Tried this out on an empty server today, there still seems to be the insta kill zone on Hill. When you leave the US Chopper spawn and turn left of A, you will get a message: "Return to combat area in 0". This must be an unintentional oversight as all other out of combat areas have a proper...
  11. S

Swapping Cobra cannons between pilot and gunner

Also, just watched that Cobra video. Lol, flying like that is only possible if you're playing against a REALLY bad team. Any half decent RPG user would shut the Cobra down straight away. Also, flying that slowly makes you so vulnerable to small arms fire, so one person with an RPD would wreck...
  12. S

Only swap the Gatling with the cannon. Let the pilot use hydras.
  13. S

Dshk needs AA sights!!!!!

The sights are ****, but you also have to keep in mind that landing 1 or 2 shots on the engine/rotor means yellow damage. The weapon is ridiculously powerful, and making it easier to use will completely ground helis on certain maps (Hill for example, since there are 3 DSHKs on there).
  14. S

TE_SongBe - why the hell is there a Cobra?

Now that I think of it, imagine if the sides were flipped on other maps, such as Hill. The Cobra would also spawn rape NVA right? Well it turns out that by making US attack, the helis are balanced out by multiple dshks around the map. Maybe if the US were forced to attack Song Be the cobra would...
  15. S

Reshade - allowed or not

Yeah exactly. I never heard of people being banned for reshade either. I don't know why people assume this might not be allowed to use.
  16. S

Reshade - allowed or not

I'm curious why people always ask this. Has there ever been a game where reshade/sweetFX wasn't allowed to use?
  17. S

No, this is coming from the pilot's perspective. Like I said before, flying "for the gunner" is inefficient and dangerous. Flying smoothly usually means slowly and speed is life. When facing a competent team manning the HMG and using RPGs against helis and not infantry, you have to fly at speed...
  18. S

I was thinking that surely the gunner of the heli should be getting more kills than the pilot right? As things are right now, the pilot is the one who's racking up majority of the kills and the gunner is there to either clean up stragglers or to hit tunnels which the pilot might have missed. I...
  19. S

Swapping the Cobra cannons?

Posted in the wrong from by accident! Mods you can delete this thread.
  20. S

TE_SongBe - why the hell is there a Cobra?

I mean the Cobra works on Hill, but that's just because VC can have 2 DSHKs on C and D. If those 2 guns are manned from the start, helis are pretty useless on the first 2 points, however, the spawn rape begins on the last point.