• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Cache files

Excellent. Thanks for the tips guys.
  2. S

Cache files

Thanks for the reply Yoshiro. One last question. The mods (.u files commonly which are small in size) also get temporarily placed in the cache dir. Can I also place these files in the maps dir so they remain permanent?
  3. S

dowloaded maps

When you dl a map from a server, it gets stored in "\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\Cache" The map will be a long id # w/ .uxx extension. To find out which map is which refer to the .ini file in that directory.
  4. S

Cache files

When maps are fast downloaded from a server they get stored in the "Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\Cache" directory. They get an ID number which is also displayed in the cache.ini file which displays the map's name. For example... CCD0BF7E4DC34EC9AF9581B0D73EDC28-1.uxx file in the cache...
  5. S

Server Browser Problem

Problem solved. What a pain. To get the "Ping" column back I had to manually go into the RedOrchestra.ini file and change the following values From MenuViewportX=640 MenuViewportY=480 To MenuViewportX=1280 MenuViewportY=1024 This forced the menu to be much larger, showing the ping column which...
  6. S

Server Browser Problem

Thanks for the quick reply special sauce. Well, reinstalling this game is no biggy compared to other games (IL2 Sturmovik w/ its somewhat 50 patches) but the fact that I've already reinstalled 4 times since last month is starting to get annoying, all which were b/c of similar small little bugs...
  7. S

How to run Red Orchestra when logged on as a user with the limited account type.

An easier solution - create an administrator account to play
  8. S

Server Browser Problem

I did try left clicking the top columns. The thing is the "Ping" column is completely missing. Gone. No where to be seen. I cant click and drag squat b/c there is nothing there. What the f%#$ do I need to reinstall to get this frickin column back?
  9. S

Server Browser Problem

For some reason one day when i booted up Red Orchestra and went to the server browser the "Ping" column was missing. I mean the column usually next to the "Players" Column in the internet server browser. Please help me it is very annoying which server will be laggy and which will be not. Any...