• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. SpoolsOfWar

Final Map KF-Subduction

Pushed an update on Steam so thought I'd post the change notes here as well. Update Notes V 1.1 --------------------------------------- - Optimised lighting across the whole map. Those of you who were experiencing FPS drops should hopefully see the most benefit from this. - Increased the...
  2. SpoolsOfWar

Final Map KF-Subduction

You know, it didn't even cross my mind to make separate decals and just overlap them. I'll see what I can whip up! Yup, the spawn in the Lecture Hall is marked as an elevator, might be easier to do that than mess around with props to put in front. The rest I will just barrel/box them up and...
  3. SpoolsOfWar

Final Map KF-Subduction

Oh, my post got marked as spam (too many edits I suppose!). Just know I did reply ha, will type it up again if it sits in purgatory forever. EDIT: Oh good, it got approved.
  4. SpoolsOfWar

Final Map KF-Subduction

Thanks man! I'm just glad it's finally out there for people to jump into, it has been a long time coming as you can probably imagine ha. I'm pretty happy with the lecture hall too, I also like holding out around the cargo elevator in the excavation area. Lighting up the waves with a firebug down...
  5. SpoolsOfWar

Final Map KF-Subduction

Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1363355300 Deep within the Marianas Trench, one of Horzine's deep sea ocean labs has unexpectedly fallen silent. Thought to have been closed off from the greater Zed outbreak, something stirs deep below the surface...
  6. SpoolsOfWar

Level Design Stand Your Ground - SplineLoftActor Documentation?

Ok, so I managed to figure out most of it on my own but was missing how to make it all work via the World info tab, so that was useful! Thanks for the help!
  7. SpoolsOfWar

Level Design Stand Your Ground - SplineLoftActor Documentation?

Not sure whether to post this here or in the modding sub forum, not that it matters all that much I suppose! So, with Stand Your Ground now being part of the regular Survival maps I thought I might plop down some areas in my own map before release, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out...
  8. SpoolsOfWar

Level Design Trader arrow disappearing bug. Has anyone solved this yet?

Ok, figured it out! You mentioning too many nodes was the impetus I needed to uproot everything and just simplify the whole route. Don't know why I was so focused on the distance being the issue. The weird thing is I went and compared it to an earlier version with a different node layout that...
  9. SpoolsOfWar

That's a lot of nodes to screenshot ha! It doesn't seem to be a specific area per se which is what is stumping me. It can path through all areas fine, when the distance is no more than around 120m or so. The furthest two points will arrow correctly, so long as I move within that distance before...
  10. SpoolsOfWar

Hey all, So I've found a few older topics on this but none of them contained a definitive answer, so I was wondering if anyone had any new insights on how to fix this annoying bug? I've noticed on my map that if you are more than around 120m (give or take) away from the trader pod when the buy...
  11. SpoolsOfWar

Level Design Explanation on advanced splatter map creation?

It's one of the selectable options next to Planar UVs. Just click that instead and use channel 2 as usual. I'm not sure on the technical differences but it does perform better than Planar on 90 degree angles as RockMax suggested. On more complex combinations of meshes it does seem to go a...
  12. SpoolsOfWar

Building with Atlas while stretching is set to 0 definitely looks better, but it still throws up funky issues like this: Not the end of the world, but not ideal. I'll keep fiddling with settings though see what happens.
  13. SpoolsOfWar

Just another one of those SDK mysteries ha. That wiki is is sore need of an update. I do appreciate the vids you put up though, have learned a couple of little tricks here and there. Ah, so external programs are needed? I had assumed that might be the case. That kinda sucks, you'd have thought...
  14. SpoolsOfWar

Hey all, I've been getting along with splatter maps just fine when it comes to combining surfaces that are relatively flat, but combing walls that are at 90 degrees and such always stretches out certain sides (which is how planar projection works I gather). Fine I thought, I'll keep everything...
  15. SpoolsOfWar

Level Design Dissapearing Static Meshes

Indeed indeed. Just checked the date of the report topic as well, didn't realize it had been so long. They must have come across it by now, I suppose the SDK is just not much of a priority. Which sucks.
  16. SpoolsOfWar

Level Design Dissapearing Static Meshes

You're not alone: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2/technical-support-ae/the-bug-report-ae/2278857-sdk-lighting-shadow-visual-errors I reported it a while ago, no response yet. :(
  17. SpoolsOfWar

Level Design KF-HorzineOffices released now!

Oh I didn't mean overwhelmed, I meant the player gets physically stuck to the ground and can't move from that spot! EDIT: I just played again and that corner seems fine now. Strange, every time I played yesterday I would get glued there. False alarm I guess, carry on!
  18. SpoolsOfWar

Level Design KF-HorzineOffices released now!

Slick indeed! The added shortcuts make sense and I think improve the layout overall. Couple things I noticed: The player can get stuck and will be forced to die/restart if they walk into this corner. Splatter maps could use some refinement in certain areas, particularly carpeted ones (just...
  19. SpoolsOfWar

PC SDK - Lighting/Shadow visual errors

Good examples, perfectly shows what's going on as far as I can tell as well! Hopefully we can at least get a response from TW as to what has gone wrong, it's getting a little annoying working around such a prominent and noticeable issue.
  20. SpoolsOfWar

PC SDK - Lighting/Shadow visual errors

After some further fiddling and reading others' similar problems, I think it has something to do with objects becoming transparent at certain distances and thus not casting shadows correctly. It seems to affect smaller objects like barrels, bins, pipes etc the most.