• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Amizaur

Beta Map Ogledow

The game on this map is very, very different than on stock "Gumrak" :). It's also quite different from any other ROx1 map, even original Ogledow (which was boring pure-tank map). Short ranges, poor visibility, LOTS of buildings/trees/foliage/fenses so it's extremly hard to spot enemy tanks...
  2. Amizaur

tank maps?

Interesting. So the long-barreled PzIVs were small in numbers then and I suppose still seen as an "extra" and precious, their current "super-weapon". Long barreled PzIV when they first showed up in 1942, were welcomed as enthusiastic, as the Tigers in 1943 :). Big performance boost, very...
  3. Amizaur

Code What ini to add EditPackages

Managed to compile some code (package) and... now I need a mutator and the code I try to compile is giving errors. Basically I tried to check if some actor is a tank, and if yes, replace it with different tank. The ReplaceWith command gives en error on compile. I'm not even sure if tanks can...
  4. Amizaur

For those who are having a problem compiling code - Fix/Workaround until the update

I said - for testing purposes. It's much easier to change something in the original code (for example, enable or add some debug options) than to make whole tree of subclassed / replaced classes and then yet have to put them somehow on a map (so make a mutator or custom map). I did it often in...
  5. Amizaur

Code Compiling after last update

Thanks a lot, didn't notice that. Well I still can't recompile the ROGame but I guess other things can be compilled this way :). P.S. OK, succesfully compiled some subclassed code to do some testing on vehicles. Now I guess I need some mutator code working with RO2 which would replace them...
  6. Amizaur

Tank crewmen=useless role

I think the current AI-driver is so good that is actually better than a responding human-driver :). I have to say I like it very much this way. I can ride the turret, watching for enemies, easily go hull down or turret down ect. I can command my tank from commander's position just as...
  7. Amizaur

Tactics All right, I've had it. Just tell me how to use an AT rifle already!

Well, Im posting those two images again with some changes. The areas marked in blue - it should really not be possible to penetrate them with AT rifles. The armor in real tanks is either too thick, too sloped or usually both. Those areas were designed to withstand rounds from (smaller...
  8. Amizaur

Tactics help with anti tank rifle!

IMO the tank should "wait" with that explosion a while. After everybody inside are dead, it should stay empty, quiet and dead for at least 10-20 seconds, before disappearing or taking fire and exploding. The shooter would never know if he killed everybody or not, is the tank "safe" / completly...
  9. Amizaur

Solo crew tanks with AI MG or without

Maybe make them soothing only from very close ? Like inside 20m ? And also less accurate ? They would work mainly in self-defence then.
  10. Amizaur

For those who are having a problem compiling code - Fix/Workaround until the update

Is it possible to recompile the ROGame with that fix ? Because when I try (for testing purposes) - so I delete the ROGame.u and run "ROGame.exe make" - it crashes right after start. If I just run "ROGame.exe make" without deleting ROGame.u, it then says "nothing to recompile". Is the above...
  11. Amizaur

Just an idea for increased AT

What about an "AT-Gun package" ? A package like a RO1 Satchel, that would be grabbed by AT-gun crew at the round start. They could then go somwhere, on even ride on a halftruck, disembark, find a nice, camuflaged place, throw the package there and it would... turn into a PAK-40 or a 45mm gun...
  12. Amizaur

Code Compiling after last update

Bump... and... please someone post a notice here, when compiling of the code with RO2 SDK become possible.
  13. Amizaur

Tactics Tank cannon lateral correction

Somehow I missed the fact, that the PzB784r has higher penetration than PTRS bullet. Higher penetration explains the fact that it can penetrate the side of T-34. As for frontal penetrations, will check again calcs with the correct PzB784r RHA value.
  14. Amizaur

Hm it's strange. When I run calculations for PTRD bullet (on some kind of a spreadsheet based on the formulas and data used in RO2 ballistic code), it seems for me the PTRD should stand no chance against front of T-34 or PzIV and also no chance against side of T-34 too. Just like in real life...
  15. Amizaur

I hope the base game, after some fine tuning, will work very good, much better than AB for RO1. With the current code, it certainly can. If it doesn't at the moment, it's because some values/formulas need to be improved a bit, but the system as a whole is very nice. On the other side, probably...
  16. Amizaur

Hi Wilsonam :) Yes, IMO the current ballistics system is a HUGE improvement over the RO1 system. A good start - every important parameter is really used in the system now. So it's absolutely possible to fine-tune it with small code / stats modifications to make it work very nicely :). It's...
  17. Amizaur

If it's 20cm then my mistake :) As for different MG and cannon shell ballistics - I am aware of that. Still up to let's say 600m MG could be used to judge distances and aim the tank gun. Here are ballistics of 76mm shell fired from ZIS-5 gun (ballistics same as F-34), and DT tank machinegun...
  18. Amizaur

AT Gun Penetration abilities

I believe it would be RATHER unusuall, at least for Germans, spending much more expensive armor-piercing ammo to kill single soldiers behind a wall - especially if in most cases a HE would blow a large hole or just kill with detonation overpressure and do the job as well. The AP ammo was often...
  19. Amizaur

tank maps?

It really seems so.... But if the engine couldn't be damaged at all yet - then why does my tank get engine damage from time to time ? And instead of being immobilised then - it just runs slower with some funny engine sound ? ;). P.S. Seems that the T-34 have difficulties in penetrating 50mm...
  20. Amizaur

I'm sure there were some "official" ways of adjusting the sights that were taught. On the other side, what would prevent a tank commander/gunner from adjusting THEIR sights as they wanted them? Zeroing for example on 1000m or just in infinitum (pararel to the gun) ? And from numerious soldier...