• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. F

Server browser should be top priority

In my opinion, the biggest thing killing this game is the server browser. The reason? You hit refresh and nothing happens. So you hit refresh again. Then again. Finally, you see 4 empty servers. Of course, if you hit it once and wait, the servers eventually show up, but if you hit refresh...
  2. F

[Mutator] Advanced Suppression {Alpha}

Changes: 1. When fatigued, sensitivity becomes constantly randomized, making it more difficult to aim 2. When suppressed, sensitivity increases, making it more difficult to aim 3. Suppression recovers slower 4. Minimum threshold for stress from shots increased (i.e. being shot at will set your...
  3. F

[Mutator] No bandages

Simple mutator to more or less provide an example. I wanted to give the option to earn bandages by killing people but it looks like the ScoreKill function doesn't appear to work. class NoBandages extends Mutator; // variable declarations go here // hooks go here function PostBeginPlay() {...
  4. F

Code Manifest Reference

Everything listed here is derived from the actor class and to my understanding should thus should be replaceable using the the checkreplacement technique. To my understanding, this should include classes that aren't necessarily objects. IE ROConsolePlayerController. I haven't been able to load a...
  5. F

Code Mutator Common Coding Problems and solutions

Please help write this. I'm going to list out some questions and I'd appreciate responses that give instructions on how to do whatever the question asks. Then I can update this main post with the answer. The idea is that the thread becomes a one-stop location to learn to do things. This thread...
  6. F

Initial adrenal rush suggestion

so I got this idea that would do two things: 1. it would help create the "fear of death" 2. it would help make suppression more effective First off, let me repost my suggestion that I made in the "suppression" topic: This would be tied to your suppression bar. Well what if (on top of this...
  7. F

[Error] Changes my 3d vision settings

When I play this game, it changes my global nvidia 3d vision settings to 3d vision discover (anaglyth). This affects every game and application and I have to change it back manually.
  8. F

Give countdown 5x xp

Less kills, to encourage people to play it, etc
  9. F

[Question] To Devs: server browser question

Are you remembering to CLOSE the connection after asking a server for it's stats? Or are you just assuming its going to close on its own when your connection object goes out of scope? It has occurred to me that when you refresh the server list, a server will not show up again until approx. after...
  10. F

[Error] leveled up on tk

just a FYI, I leveled up after a tk. 10/7 patch
  11. F

[Error] ROEngine.ini - broken server browser

After Oct. 6th patch- There is a bug if your ROEngine.ini file is generated for the first time (or if you deleted it) the game version number will be wrong and you won't be able to join more than just a handful of servers. It says v.1.0.0.2. If you change this to v.1.0.0.7 you can join the...
  12. F

What are the plans for tank variety

Like the title says, can we expect any maps along the lines of arad? I can't help but feel tripwire may have dug themselves a hole by making tanks so immersive. Are there only two tanks in this game? Of course never mind the bugs like tanks warping/having the wrong momentum, shooting from what...
  13. F

Disable plant graphic change on fov change

Whenever your fov changes the way a plant is rendered changes as well. Since there doesn't appear to be any fps gain from doing this I recommend forcing plants to all be high rez regardless of fov. By "when fov changes" I mean whenever you aim down the sites or use binoculars
  14. F

Tank crew disable sound

Becomes obnoxious. Need option to disable it. In particular, the shout that it is reloaded is annoying after your 15th kill.
  15. F

[Tuning] Commander, radio, and drawn weapon

The commander should only "put down" his weapon when he uses the radio, not when he is near it. Likewise, closing the tactical map should bring his weapon back up. Right now you can walk up to the radio, use it, then turn over 90 degrees away from it and he still won't pull his gun up.
  16. F

angular sway

This goes into the "advanced" idea bin Basically instead of always having the gun sights perfectly centered, you would get a small angular error that erratically moves (such as sway does now). With very fine mouse movement you can correct this error manually, or wait for it to line up on its...
  17. F

[Error] Grain Elevator - mantle into wall

On Grain Elevator you can mantle into a wall in coordinates G5. There is an exterior corner of the building next to some stacked pallets. You can mantle up there and be either inside the wall where you can shoot into the building or on an unrealistic elevator position that is supposed to be trim...
  18. F

[Tuning] Framerate directly affected by players alive

The more players alive in the game the lower your framerate, regardless of if you can see them or not. Proof - was staring at an inactive portion of apartments when one team was out of reinforcements. 5 members of that team died quickly and gained 10 fps avg from 45 to 55 without anything...
  19. F

[Question] Did something legit happen here or bug?

As field commander I used the G43 weapon unlock. I picked up an mp 40 earlier At some point I auto-switched to pistol somehow, and when I went back I had a scoped SVT-40 instead of the G43. Did I run out of ammo? I had a lot of kills with G43 Did I pick up the scoped SVT-40 near me?
  20. F

ROEngine.ini Tweak Guide - confirmed improvement

This short guide will help get both your graphics and framerate up ROEngine.ini is located in Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config [BACKUP] 1. Make a backup of ROEngine.ini by simply copying and pasting the file and renaming the new file (convention is normally a .bak extension)...