• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. F

Antilag: a network hit detection mutator (now white-listed)

If you share your code I can see if I can spot any memory leaks. All objects should have a reference count which the garbage collector uses to determine if it can delete an object or not. I believe unreal script has the ability to delete an object yourself as well which will make all existing...
  2. F

Antilag: a network hit detection mutator (now white-listed)

Does changing your garbage collection frequency change the crash rate? ROEngine.ini TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObject=XXX Garbage collection is done periodically
  3. F

Antilag mutator - a call for testing

Might be a resource issue. Maybe you're creating an object and its not getting cleaned up in the mutator? I've got 4 gigs of RAM and run the game with custom graphics somewhere between medium and high and haven't seen any crashing but I haven't played the mutator for more than 20 minutes at a time.
  4. F

Code Mutator Common Coding Problems and solutions

I'm not frustrated, I just don't have the free time to guess and check until I figure out how to do this, if it's even possible. Most importantly, is it even worth the time spent even if everything worked perfectly
  5. F

The fatal error is filename not found. Isn't this something we saw from beta players after release because of a configuration problem? If the "filename not found" error is a red herring then my guess is that you have either a race condition or a resource that isn't being cleaned up. Maybe he is...
  6. F

Server browser should be top priority

Needs to work out of the box for everyone regardless of their nat configuration
  7. F

Bleh, only info I see online about replacing a player pawn is "Don't do it because it'll break other mutators, but if you do do it, then use this code". The code provided doesn't work. Anyone is welcome to come up with a simple case where they are able to replace the player pawn with their own...
  8. F

Server browser should be top priority

In my opinion, the biggest thing killing this game is the server browser. The reason? You hit refresh and nothing happens. So you hit refresh again. Then again. Finally, you see 4 empty servers. Of course, if you hit it once and wait, the servers eventually show up, but if you hit refresh...
  9. F

You're going to need to be specific on where your crashing is
  10. F

The log is cut off. The game buffers the log and when it crashes whatever is in the buffer isn't written.
  11. F

what happens if two people kill each other at the same time? Or if two people kill the same guy at the same time?
  12. F

I wouldn't over sell it. There is a lot that isn't exposed. Modifying weapon behavior is a lot easier than modifying player controlled pawn behavior
  13. F

Can someone else confirm if there is bullet drop or not Also, what might be fun is a paintball mode, just to prove there is gravity. 100 meters/sec with tracers :)
  14. F

Are you 100% sure? I did some more testing and I'm still not sure there is bullet drop. At long range with the k98 sniper on ogledow I picked a point about a mile away, shot at it, and the debug spot showed up exactly where I aimed. Likewise, I saw an afk teammate, so I ran far away, laid down...
  15. F

at long range most of the bullets should fall in a random circle well below where I aim though. At 200 meters about 2.7 meters below where I aim. Then again, maybe this has always been the game's behavior with the mp40
  16. F

Couple things I noticed 1. I took a mp40 and shot at really long range. I found that the debug markers were at times showing up above where I was aiming. Sometimes it was to the side of where I aimed. I realize there's probably a firing cone here but there doesn't appear to be bullet drop...
  17. F

Plan on testing this asap. Glad I didn't spend any time making my own since it sounds like you have a decent one already. How'd you end up implementing this? Swapping all the guns for anti-lag versions? I honestly haven't had time to mess with mutators for the past 3+ weeks so I'm still in the...
  18. F

I didn't edit any .ini files As for client-side classes - I tried that already with ROPawn... If the client never sees the substitution function housed in the mutator class, then how is it going to know to use a different class?
  19. F

TWI, can you please verify that mutators are being loaded on the client side like it should? If so, can you provide the code for a test example that proves this?
  20. F

I'm giving up. My conclusion is that the mutator isn't being loaded at all on the cilent. I'm not seeing anything in the client logs that mention actually loading the mutator. Shame