• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. P

ATTENTION: Modders and Mappers - Give your Feedback!

2 Things I'd like to ask about. 1. How much does the KF2 animation pipeline differ from RS2: Vietnam's? Information about KF2's animation settings is extremely hard to come by. 2. Are the bnk manifests that were present in the game installation folder ever coming back? They are absolutely...
  2. P

WWAUT - Readying An Arsenal For Winter (And Beyond)

Can you implement more "real" weapons? You have a bunch of usable models in RO2/ RS2. The M14 and SVD seem like they'd fit and were very easy to implement: https://youtu.be/ex78dRL97os?t=1m14s
  3. P

3D & Animation Proper Animation Export Settings

What is the correct workflow when exporting skeletal animations? I have a decent set of animations in Autodesk 3DS using the standard KF2 bone rig, and finally found a combination of settings that doesn't instantly crash the SDK on import. Yet the rig is pretty messed up in game, with the bone...
  4. P

Sound Changing Gun Sounds question.

You're not going to be able to edit the games master int.bnk. You're better able to control volume on a custom sound file using the switch groups, game parameters and attenuations functionalities in the Wwise authoring tool.
  5. P

Trying to extract audio files, need help.

If you want to pull the vorbis soundfiles out of a .bnk, you'll need bnkextr.
  6. P

3D & Animation Animations Not Triggerin on Custom Weapon

I'm using a copy of the AK12 skeleton and files. I ended up figuring out why it was backwards, I hadn't bound the weapon to the skeleton properly- now it faces the right way, it's just the bones are imported all broken like and in wrong positions. The reloading issue persists, and I've been...
  7. P

3D & Animation Animations Not Triggerin on Custom Weapon

Hello I've imported a model into the SDK, got it all textured and able to be used in game. Everything looks right in the anim viewer in the SDK. However, when I spawn the weapon in in KF2, it shows the textured model facing 180 degrees in the wrong direction (muzzle back towards player), even...
  8. P

Problems with modding voicelines?

Are you using proper conversion settings? Are you using the 32 bit version of Wwise Authoring, or 64x?
  9. P

Level Design KF-Stalker-Agroprom

Are the anomalies pictured stage hazards? Or just decoration?
  10. P

Should the Survivalist have unique weapons?

Every weapon added during EA is lost profits from DLC post release. It makes no sense to divert resources now for more content.
  11. P

Where does a 'new' package go on the Killing floor 2 SDK go when created?

Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC\Pa ckages I don't recommend getting into modding for a dead game on an obsolete engine, but the wiki has the official way to do it. Personally, I just split the .upks with umodel, edit in GIMP, then reimport textures as a .tga and...
  12. P

SCAR-H Red Dot Too Large?

It's a bit large, but it fits with the extremely short ranges the game takes place at. If it bothers you, it's pretty easy to change.
  13. P

Make Zeds Stronger

You'd want to edit the damage values in the applicable .uc values here: Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Development\Src\KFGameContent\Classes You can do this in notepad, and everything is pretty well annotated. and of course, back everything up.
  14. P

I replaced a skin in the KF2 SDK and I can't get it back

If the original skin is 100% gone from your SDK, you can copy the original C4 TEX.upk from the game files into the SDK unpublished folder. Or just split it up with Umodel and reimport the original .png texture map.
  15. P

Sound Sound Reverb Info

Thanks. Will this allow for new .upks and .bnks on custom maps?
  16. P

Custom model packages working on multiplayer?

I've recently finished a new MESH file with custom MAT, ANIM and TEX groups, remodeling one of the game's base weapons. I enjoy using it and want to share it, but any official or unmodified server automatically kicks for having the modified MESH when it comes into use, ruling out most servers...
  17. P

Stream Workshop C4 UV's are not the same between 1st and 3rd person?

if you want the 3P model, can't you split the game's UPK with umodel?
  18. P

5-11 Live Update

There are still people playing VS? I haven't seen a populated server since last week
  19. P

Any estimate as to when custom models

You'd need a mutator. There used to be a way to import client side custom models for weapons and characters, but it was patched out, presumably to make way for paid DLC later.
  20. P

Sound Sound Reverb Info

How exactly are the parameters for reverb on SFX given by the game engine? I see the switch and game parameters for them in the stock .bnk .txt, but trying to implement a decent reverb without concrete information has been the equivalent of stumbling around in the dark. Is there a way to set the...