• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. T

The Sheep factor

Ah, I haven't been playing much just recently, so I didn't notice that. Thanks a lot :) To Special Sauce: Ok, sorry, maybe using the word whore was a bit harsh. But still, I don't understand why anyone would want to play the same map constantly, no matter how good it is. I personally love...
  2. T

Am I the only one who uses the textured scope?

Lol, ok, fair point. But even with the recoil, it still looks a bit too far from his face.
  3. T

Am I the only one who uses the textured scope?

I use the textured scope because it's more realistic. You put your eye right up to the scope, not just hold the scope up a little away from you and peer through it.
  4. T

The Sheep factor

I also vote using Oi Oi Oi's method. I think the voting system is fine in general but servers should restrict voting for earlier maps more. By that I mean how the map that has just been played is greyed out as an option. I seem to remember in the mod servers that greyed out the previous 3 or so...
  5. T

Tactics Avoiding Tanks...

The cannon does have a nifty scope yes, but tanks actually have a much worse view than infantry do. If you are approaching tanks from the front you will most likely be seen (especially if they are team tanking), but from the sides or rear only the commander can see you. Most of the time...
  6. T

Tactics Berezina defensive positions

I agree with Moe. Too often as the Russians you get someone on VOIP insisting that you fall back from 1st line to 2nd for example, with no attempt to try to hold the farm. Yes, the 2nd line gives a very strong defence, but a few riflemen along the rock wall in front of the farm can pick off...
  7. T

Queue to join server

I agree, it would be nice to have an auto-retry feature. However, most of the time you can join as a spectator and then simply join a team as soon as somebody leaves.
  8. T

Your dream map?

That's exactly the same as a map called Trapped on The Trenches mod for half-life 1. Would be nice to play that again but without the helmet camming.
  9. T

Tank mobility

The thing that gets me about tank mobility is their inability to turn on the spot. Why can't they do it in game, is it something to do with the game engine or could they in fact not do so IRL?
  10. T

Ammo

I am glad that Ost has ammo crates, it was annoying in the mod when you had to either scavenge for a dead soldier's weapon or kill yourself when you ran out of ammo. However, the way the crates work is very gamey, you just stand for a second within their radius and you magically get refilled...
  11. T

Controlling height while crouched

I definitely would like to see some system to control your height better. It's annnoying on Maknovo Village for example where you can rest your rifle fine on the post office windows, but the windows in station are too low for standing but too high for crouching. In Raven Shield there was a...
  12. T

In-vehicle avatars

This would definitely be a welcome addition. However I'd rather have the animations, or rather lack thereof, of unbuttoned crew fixed. At the moment it just looks like someone has shoved a dummy up through the hatch. They don't need to do much, they just need to look around as the player does...
  13. T

Real soldiers carpool to work...

Sounds like a good idea to me, just so long as its not overdone. As it is now, the half tracks fill up at the start of games and then from then on they are used by 1 or 2 people at a time. The thing is, on larger maps with shorter spawn times, players can often respawn in groups of 2-3 anyway...
  14. T

Combined arms spawns

I think it is fine as it is now, it keeps the game balanced. This is easy to see on Konigsplatz for example, where the infantry spawns move forward, but the tank spawn doesn't. If the tanks spawned with the infantry then the tanks would be closer and too overpowering, and also many of the...
  15. T

Rest Action

I don't think this is a good idea, it just feels too gamey. Speaking of the stamina, I'd rather that the bar was taken away and you just rely on listening to your breathing, like in the mod.
  16. T

Have the MG pivot around the bipod

I think pretty much everyone would like to see this, but it's a question of how easily if at all it can be done. Also, it wouldn't affect gameplay much so I would rather other things be sorted first.
  17. T

No stats? GREAT!

I love having death messages off, it's a shame so few servers do so. I don't think all servers should have them off, but I don't see why SO many servers have them on.
  18. T

Poll are the tanks broken or messed up

I think they need a few tweaks rather than to be totally redone. I'd just like to see things like being able to instantly get in and out or change positions to be removed.
  19. T

Different key for rebolting

Oh right, my mistake, I never noticed that.
  20. T

Different key for rebolting

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Yes, I do think it's rather easy to tell, that's why I want the icon removed.