• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

Level Design Black Texture on Cutom Meshes

Hey guys! :) Been making meshes for my map, but they seem to be black unless i turn shadows off, it seems to happen after I've build lighting. Thank you! :) UPDATE Setting the properties to only cast dynamic shadows seems to stop the mesh being completely black. however i can't see a shadow...
  2. G

Level Design Black/ Very Dark Player/Zeds

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what causes very dark zeds when spawning in the opposite channel to the one that is placed. moving them into the other channel and back out fixes the issue. I've done workarounds before but if anyone know if there is an actual way to fix I would be...
  3. G

Workshop Profile Missing!

I had to re install my Killing floor 2 and my documents directory. I want to update my map on the workshop but the profile for my map has completely gone. Does anyone have any ideas?
  4. G

Can't join multiplayer servers

Hey guys, I'm having issues with joining multilayer servers like cannot open "Trader_Mesh" or something similar. It has only started today and I'm able to play offline fine. I will put in screenshots. I've also experienced "ENV_MAT_LIB" cannot open error too. Thank you in advance :)
  5. G

Level Design Skylights working in Matinee but not working in game or test

Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of Matinee and i've come across that changing colours and brightness of a skylight will work when scrubbing through the Matinee sequence but will not work in editor and I don't believe it works in game either. However, toggling skylights will work fine. Does...
  6. G

Level Design Variable in Kismet for Zeds?

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a variable for zeds so they can be used in kismet scripts such as an int counter that I'm trying to create? Thank you :)
  7. G

Beta Map Horzine Offices

Nothing Special, just a map that i have made. I want to keep working on it and i would love to hear suggestions to make it better. I am still very new and a noob to all of this :D I have now moved all new updated to the map to the Steam Workshop :) Any custom textures used were either edited...
  8. G

Level Design Help with door lighting

Hey, I'm in the making of a KF2 map which uses indoor and outdoor lighting (having indoor volumes). The double doors on the "Outdoor Volume" appear to be half lit (normal lighting on one door and black on the other door). I have tried the lighting channels from indoor, outdoor and both and it...
  9. G

Level Design Doors Spawn in open in the SDK?

I've noticed the doors are spawned in open in the KF2 SDK, I've been copying and pasting from the door template. Is anyone else getting this? Thanks in advance :)
  10. G

Level Design Dosh in the SDK

Hello, I am looking for the Dosh in the SDK, the dosh that works in game that actually gives you money. The only Dosh I have found is the Skeletal and static mesh of the dosh that you can't pick up that adds to your Dosh amount. Does anyone know where this is found or do I need to do something...
  11. G

Level Design Working Dosh files?

Hello, does anyone know how to find the working Dosh files in the SDK? The ones used in game that actually give you money. I have found the Static Mesh Actor, skeletal mesh actor and the physics file but that's about it, or am i supposed to do something to get it to work? Thanks in advance :)
  12. G

Level Design Few different errors, doors and performance

Hey guys I'm getting a few errors on my KF2 map. I'm most concerned about the door error as it's critical but it would be useful to know what the performance errors mean too. Thanks guys :)
  13. G

Level Design Spawning Question

Hey guys, back again but I have a quick question about spawning. I noticed that in the official maps during the pre game you are in a completely different room not related to the map at all. I was wondering how they pull this off. If anyone knows I would be greatly appreciated! :)
  14. G

Level Design Lighting Issue

Hello, I am very new to this stuff. I am having issues with the lighting, A big circle of bright light seems to follow my character and light up the place. I have a Dominant Directional light that is used for the sky and a Skylight which honestly i have no idea what it does. Video...