• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

Level Design How to specify which zeds will be spawned on each wave?

You could try a KF actor factory spawn in Kismet Wave started node with the action KF actor factory and set it up through there. :) Hope you figure it out! :)
  2. G

Level Design Black Texture on Cutom Meshes

I found that the light map UV's were off. Thanks for the help! :)
  3. G

I've tried precompute shadows, which works but no shadows actually cast onto the ground.
  4. G

Hey guys! :) Been making meshes for my map, but they seem to be black unless i turn shadows off, it seems to happen after I've build lighting. Thank you! :) UPDATE Setting the properties to only cast dynamic shadows seems to stop the mesh being completely black. however i can't see a shadow...
  5. G

Level Design Kimset

Hey, you got your Kismet wrong, set the event to trigger volume touch not KFSpawner Touch :) You will need to crate a trigger volume that will cause the spawn event if a player touches the trigger volume. then said it up like you have in kismet except user the trigger volume you drew with the...
  6. G

Level Design Black/ Very Dark Player/Zeds

Hey, using outdoor volumes instead of indoor ones seems to work great. Which makes no sense at all. I'm not sure if it's just a bug ion my editor or something I'm doing completely wrong. Thank you! :)
  7. G

Level Design Black/ Very Dark Player/Zeds

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows what causes very dark zeds when spawning in the opposite channel to the one that is placed. moving them into the other channel and back out fixes the issue. I've done workarounds before but if anyone know if there is an actual way to fix I would be...
  8. G

Workshop Profile Missing!

I had to re install my Killing floor 2 and my documents directory. I want to update my map on the workshop but the profile for my map has completely gone. Does anyone have any ideas?
  9. G

Can't join multiplayer servers

I tried earlier, reinstalled and just tried to verify cache again and it's still giving the same errors :(
  10. G

Can't join multiplayer servers

Hey guys, I'm having issues with joining multilayer servers like cannot open "Trader_Mesh" or something similar. It has only started today and I'm able to play offline fine. I will put in screenshots. I've also experienced "ENV_MAT_LIB" cannot open error too. Thank you in advance :)
  11. G

Level Design Skylights working in Matinee but not working in game or test

Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of Matinee and i've come across that changing colours and brightness of a skylight will work when scrubbing through the Matinee sequence but will not work in editor and I don't believe it works in game either. However, toggling skylights will work fine. Does...
  12. G

Level Design Making a guaranteed weapon and ammo pickups?

You can turn on force give and that may work in the "give inventory" kismet node. That may work. If you want to edit their inventory from the start you can use a "level loaded" event and change the items they start with as soon as the game begins.
  13. G

Level Design Making a guaranteed weapon and ammo pickups?

Guarunteed Weapons Guarunteed Weapons if you want a weapon you could try using the pick up static mesh actor of the weapon, setting it up as an interp actor or mover and then use kismet to create a script to toggle hidden the actor and give the desired weapon to the player, I am using this in...
  14. G

Level Design Variable in Kismet for Zeds?

Thank you ill have a go! Also, how did you create the variable with the "???"?
  15. G

Level Design Variable in Kismet for Zeds?

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a variable for zeds so they can be used in kismet scripts such as an int counter that I'm trying to create? Thank you :)
  16. G

Beta Map Horzine Offices

Screenshots have been added as attachments to view! :)
  17. G

Beta Map Horzine Offices

Nothing Special, just a map that i have made. I want to keep working on it and i would love to hear suggestions to make it better. I am still very new and a noob to all of this :D I have now moved all new updated to the map to the Steam Workshop :) Any custom textures used were either edited...
  18. G

Level Design Help with door lighting

I just realised that I was being dumb and that you have to do it for both doors and there are actually component 0 and 1. I thought double doors classed as one component which explains why one was working fine and the other door black. Thank you for the help :)
  19. G

Hey, I am using Indoor volumes for the parts of the map that are indoor but where i have created the outdoor part, no lighting volume is covering. :)
  20. G

Hey, I'm in the making of a KF2 map which uses indoor and outdoor lighting (having indoor volumes). The double doors on the "Outdoor Volume" appear to be half lit (normal lighting on one door and black on the other door). I have tried the lighting channels from indoor, outdoor and both and it...