• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-SpaceportPerdition [Grindhouse Entry]

Spaceport Perdition The Horzine research department has moved their operations into space in order to experiment with zero gravity zeds (ZGZ). Of course things has gone wrong, as usual, and now you have to clean up the mess. Again. As usual. YouTube Gameplay Video Imgur album...
  2. Vampcinda

Level Design KF-Spaceport Nostromo (WIP preview)

Hey mappers and zed slayers! Hard at work on Spaceport Nostromo, an eerie map that draws inspiration from the Alien movies (as the name also suggests). It is dark and foreboding, with many narrow passages and air ducts. ---> Spaceport Nostromo sneak-peek video <--- Gameplay-wise it's nothing...
  3. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-TaintedGrove

Tainted GroveVersion 2 (March 8, 2016) A Horzine research team was sent to a remote location deep inside the [UNDISCLOSED] jungle. High priority. Three days later, a priority-class emergency signal was received, asking for immediate extraction due to [UNDISCLOSED] reasons. You and your team...
  4. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-MountainArena

Mountain ArenaVersion 2 (January 21, 2016) Mountain Arena plunges players into a large circular arena with a lush mountain backdrop. The arena is a maze full of clutter, paths, platforms, crashed vehicles and much more. A lot of attention to detail was put into populating the map with...
  5. Vampcinda

Level Design Enable/disable trigger volumes?

Heya, is is possible through kismet to activate and disable a trigger volume at will? Specifically what I am looking for is to make an area that causes damage to anyone inside it (easy to make) but have it so that players can toggle it off and on again by clicking a button. I have tried tying...
  6. Vampcinda

Level Design EngineDebugMaterial in-game not working?

Heya, I've been working intensively on my Pyramid map, which is a Serious Sam-style desert map set on and inside of a great pyramid. I found a sand material in the EngineDebugMaterial library of the editor and was kind of surprised I hadn't seen anyone using it in their custom maps before. Now...
  7. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-Caged

KF-CagedYou and your team are caged like animals in a zed-infested facility with nowhere to go... A simple little ~10 hour project I made along with some suggestions from my brother, that began as a "what if?" idea. The premise, in all its simplicity, is that the players are locked inside a...
  8. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-MawOfMadness

Maw of MadnessVersion 2 (December 29, 2015) You and your team find yourselves stuck on a series of floating, escher-like platforms suspended high above ground. In the distance, a misty forest stretches vulnerably along the base of a sputtering volcano, spewing forth fire and molten lava...
  9. Vampcinda

Level Design Cooking maps, how?

I am a bit confused about cooking my map, and I know we have a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people around here so I don't feel too shy asking dumb questions :p 1. When I want to cook a map, it tells me I must save packages. I don't know what to answer to this because I don't have any...
  10. Vampcinda

Level Design Multiple TWLightingVolume Skylights?

Heya, is it possible to have multiple Indoor and Outdoor skylights each tied to their own TWLightingVolume, or are you exclusively limited to 1 Indoor and 1 Outdoor skylights no matter how many volumes you make? As far as I can tell from my testing, the latter seems to be the case. But I'm...
  11. Vampcinda

Beta Map KF-Shatter preview

KF-Shatter ALPHA play test build version 8a --> KF-Shatter_alpha_8a.kfm Download<-- Note: This is a "bug squash" build and purely for play testing purposes for those interested in trying it! ************************************************** KF-Shatter is one of those craaaaazy maps I've...
  12. Vampcinda

Level Design Some questions about draw distance

Heya, I like optimizing my maps for best performance any way I can, and often spend a lot of time on it. But I'm beginning to wonder if I'm spending too much time on it, especially draw distance. So I have a couple of questions if anyone would be so kind as to enlighten me! 1. Typically, if I...
  13. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-EyesWideShut

Helloes! I've concluded my second KF2 map which this time is an arena-style defense map, inspired by classics such as Defence Thyself, Horzine Arena and others. Youtube trailer for video justice! Version: Final v1 (October 31, 2015) Playstyle: Arena / Defense Map size: Small File size: ~15...
  14. Vampcinda

Beta Map KF-Genesis Complex (beta 01)

Hai! I finally feel like my very first attempt (ever!) at making a game level is ready to be considered a playable beta :D Mind you that until 2 weeks ago, when I started grinding tutorials and studying Tripwire's official maps (incredible work, omg), I had never even seen a map editor, let...
  15. Vampcinda

(Help!) Explosive barrel, but no damage?

Hiya, I've managed to put together some variables to make a barrel that causes a nice little explosion when shot, with light and smoke effects and everything. Here's a little video clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv7o_Mxl1vc But I can't figure out how, or if, I can make it deal damage to...
  16. Vampcinda

Level Design Is it safe to copy/paste from other maps?

Hiya, I'm completely new to this whole mapping thing, but am so far enjoying it immensely! I've gotten to the point of tutorial grinding that I have a pretty basic understanding of how to use the UDK, and am currently working on my own KF2 map. But seeing as how I'm still at an absolute...