• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Vampcinda

Level Design [WIP] KF-GenesisPrime

I am so excited for this! especially after trying the latest build (I fell through the floor a few times because running backwards into unfinished areas xD ) but omg it looks good already!
  2. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-BalconyDefense

Playing sharpshooter on this is so satisfying :D
  3. Vampcinda

Level Design Creating a micophone effect

I'm just guessing here, not really skilled with Kismet. But off the top of my head, wouldn't it work to import a full-quality audio recording, and then a low-quality version, hook the full-quality up to the microphone mesh trigger, set a small delay and then play the low-quality from wherever...
  4. Vampcinda

Level Design WORKSHOP TOOL - Says im not connected to steam

My brother and I found out that if you are trying to upload from a steam account that does not own KF2, but only has access to it through family sharing, then you will get the steam connection error all the time. Even if you have the SDK installed it doesn't matter, the account must also have...
  5. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-TaintedGrove

Thanks! Sorry he creeped you out though :D Map has been updated to version 2, fixing some bugs and adding a bit of new content, like apples
  6. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-SpaceportPerdition [Grindhouse Entry]

Ah okey thanks, that explains the missing zed since there were 2 spawn areas with bugged pathing that caused them to be unable to enter the rest of the map. It's fixed in version 1a, but the other issues you encountered need fixing also =)
  7. Vampcinda

Thank you Sheeps! And also thank you for the video review, Scarbeus! You bring up a lot of good points, especially about the lighting - it was something I wanted to work more on but with 2 days left before deadline, and at least 7 hours of pre-computed visibility to do I had finish things up...
  8. Vampcinda

Level Design List of issues that I

owh okey yeah that won't work then :( Zeds have sort of a super jump ability, so if it is not a huge jump they have to make, it might be enough to just place a small block on the floor they can step up on and jump from there, which is not big enough for players to hide in?
  9. Vampcinda

Level Design List of issues that I

One slightly awkward solution that works is to make a KFPawnBlockingVolume shaped as a ramp or stairs, and set it to only block monsters and not players. That way the player will never notice it is there and will walk right through, but the zeds can walk on it. The awkward part is that...
  10. Vampcinda

Updated to version 1a hotfix to adress two critical pathing issues that prevented large zeds from passing through some important doorways (thanks NightAngel!)
  11. Vampcinda

Level Design Meshes turn black after light build (not lightmap issue)

If a mesh keeps going back to the wrong lighting volume after light rebuild, you can tick the "Override automatic lighting" option and it will use only what you manually set and never change during light build :)
  12. Vampcinda

Level Design ?- Optimization, Framerates, Good Screenshots & Level Design PR

How do you guys set the collision on combined meshes that are banked and uneven, like ceilings? Do you just wrap the entire thing in a big box, or do you make complex shapes that follow the surfaces even on banked and angled elements? I realize this is probably necessary to do on floors and...
  13. Vampcinda

Spaceport Perdition The Horzine research department has moved their operations into space in order to experiment with zero gravity zeds (ZGZ). Of course things has gone wrong, as usual, and now you have to clean up the mess. Again. As usual. YouTube Gameplay Video Imgur album...
  14. Vampcinda

Final Map InfernalRealm

One of the best looking maps I've ever seen :eek: *mind blown*
  15. Vampcinda

Oh I see, I kind of understand that. I just thought it would be better optimized to have individual draw distance on each mesh, like for example if I have a floor with 20 misc meshes on it (floor lights, paper debris, wood debris and so on), combining all of that removes the manual draw distance...
  16. Vampcinda

Thanks for this post and the replies! I don't understand the mesh combining though, I've never used it. I see the option in the right click menu, but half the time I try to do it, the editor just crashes? And whenever it does work without crashing, the combined mesh it makes just has a single...
  17. Vampcinda

Final Map KF-Deadline

I had the unrank issue with some of my maps also, and as Sniper says, the kismet Modify Health action is what instantly unranks a server when a player triggers it (but only when it is touched/triggered, having them in the map won't unrank as long as they are not interacted with). Apart from...
  18. Vampcinda

Beta Map KF-HorzineExpress

In regards to FPS drops in the rocky area, do they Allow Reflections? I have noticed that having reflections turned on for rock meshes really sucks a lot of FPS, and you don't even notice the reflection effects on them usually so turning them off often gives a big performance boost at no...
  19. Vampcinda

Level Design KF-Spaceport Nostromo (WIP preview)

Haha I don't know about that though but thanks :D I'm getting very close to what I feel is a public beta *just a few more things here and there*
  20. Vampcinda

Level Design KF-Spaceport Nostromo (WIP preview)

Thanks Tifa! :D I'm changing the mapname to Spaceport Perdition, because even though the overall atmosphere is very alien inspired, I don't want people to think it's an actual alien map. Maybe when it's done I will figure out how to borrow Hemi's excellent alien meshes and create an Alien...