• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Reise

Building First Time Liquid-Cooled PC

Need tips. I don't know the first thing about water cooling kits but I've heard from some people I've talked about that it's fairly straightforward now. I'm in the process of planning out a future-proofed 6-core i7 machine and I don't even want to try air cooling it. This will be my 5th...
  2. Reise

[Game] Rise of the Triad (Reboot)

http://youtu.be/xhi-7lj7osI Pants... Tightening...
  3. Reise

[Info] Marksman Achievements

Just wanna chime in and note that it's possible to get long range Marksman achievements by fatally wounding someone up close and putting them into slow death, then dying and respawning across the map before he dies. The game will think you killed him at the long distance between him and your...
  4. Reise

Insta Hero Rank?

Lots of people seem to be shooting right up to rank 80 lately for some reason. Anyone else notice this? My friend was telling me he killed a guy today and immediately unlocked several veteran equipments and is now honor rank 80. I've also noticed quite a few people at that magic number today in...
  5. Reise

Swap SVT Mag Instead of Incremental Reload

IMO there needs to be an option to just drop a magazine if it only has two rounds instead of messing around with a stripper clip and several individual rounds. Incremental reloading is nice but I'd rather not have it on the SVT, since you can just swap out the magazine entirely. Dunno if this...
  6. Reise

[Error] Mapvote Screen Resets On Every Vote

As the title says, every time somebody votes for a map on the mapvote screen, the scrollable list resets and you can't really get a chance to scroll down and choose something other than the top 5 maps that are visible.
  7. Reise

Get Rid of F11 = Windowed Mode

Some of us like to use F11 for other stuff... Namely videos and such.
  8. Reise

Hero Rank Already?

Saw a few people pop in today with some unusually high honor rankings: Kinda strange.
  9. Reise

Bayonets for Semi-Autos?

Wondering if it's planned to have a bayonet unlock for the SVT-40 and G41 once you reach veteran with Elite Rifleman. Right now the unlock is just empty. Also, I seem to be stopping randomly during bayonet charges. Anyone else have this problem before?
  10. Reise

Barriers to Funnel Routes of Attack/Defense

We've all experienced it: You're running along, making your way to the nearest contested objective, when suddenly you get shot in the back by an enemy who seems to be lost. But he isn't lost. Some maps seem to suffer from a problem that the Battlefield games similarly had where enemy players...
  11. Reise

Black Prophecy

Been following this space MMO for a while but apparently I didn't realize it went live about a week or so ago. Many say it's a lot like Freelancer. http://blackprophecy.com/ ‪Black Prophecy (Game Trailer)‬‏ - YouTube ‪Black Prophecy MMOG Trailer - E3 2010‬‏ - YouTube It's also F2P which...
  12. Reise

Osama Bin Laden Killed in Pakistan

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/02/bin.laden.dead/index.html?iref=NS1
  13. Reise

View Angling in Ironsights Mode

So, another thing that can set RO2 apart from common run-of-the-mill shooters: Angling the screen slightly when you aim down the sights of weapons. I think the old Call of Duty style is getting tired, and people must surely be sick of shoving guns into their mouths to aim straight down the...
  14. Reise

A Fresh Coat of Dirt

This isn't as much a suggestion as it is a personal hope of mine. I've spent the last few nights watching documentaries on the horrors of Stalingrad, and I can't help but notice how much more bleak and gritty the scenes from the battle are compared to what we've seen so far in previews for RO2...
  15. Reise

Capture Points Based on Effort %

Basically if capture points remain a staple of the game, make it so the people who worked the most to turn an objective get rewarded more than the guy that showed up right before the point was taken. Right now Ostfront has a problem with people shooting to the top of scoreboards because they...
  16. Reise

MKb 42 Bayonet?

So I noticed what looks like a bayonet lug on the MKb 42. Any chance we'll be able to attach one in RO2? :IS2:
  17. Reise

[Game] Chivalry: Battle for Agatha

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/ The Source mod Age of Chivalry is going big with the help of the UDK. If anyone here was fond of AoC, this is definitely something to keep an eye on. From what I've read, they are devoting all their work to this new project instead of developing further content...
  18. Reise

Alaskan Fighting Included?

Will Rising Storm cover the early Japanese incursions into Alaska? Aleutian Islands and all that? If it's not planned I'm gonna put my hand in and suggest it, since very few games even acknowledge those events. Last game I remember that DID have it was the Forgotten Hope mod for Battlefield 1942.
  19. Reise

Lockable Doors?

I was reading the thread about bullet penetration and a random thought just crossed my mind: How about the ability to lock doors? Since we have bullet penetration for HOS it wouldn't be terribly broken, and I think it'd add a neat element to defensive tactics. We all know that Killing Floor...
  20. Reise

Active Ragdolls

This is kindof a preference thing, and a tad morbid, but could add to the atmosphere if it was added as an option to users: Allow players to physically interact with the bodies that are lying on the ground. So, instead of casually running through a group of corpses, your world model actually...