• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

Sound Changing Gun Sounds question.

You are able to, if you can load a hexeditor and know what you are doing, I put a guide on youtube long ago with basics
  2. G

Sound Is there any way to extract the gun sound effects?

watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPSSchsZPsI theres a part 2 and 3, in case you need more info I haven't checked news on the official SDK for the last 3 updates or so, assuming there is one yet... Without it what you want to do is: 1. Find/Locate the sound banks (files) for the weapon...
  3. G

Help Replacing Scrake and Fleshpound Entrance Noises

hmm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPSSchsZPsI&index=7&list=PLXLV1N_e4ASYbZogLuy_peSRIsn3Qiuta the entrances are called stingers, find the stingers and edit them, although I expect some hex editing needed (3rd video)
  4. G

Homogenization of perks and lack of hard counters

the menus are nice looking for pc, some usability issues but nothing critical, just things that should be improved to get a perfect score. The radial voice command is not so good though. for pc the voice command shortcuts are best (CS style or configurable numpad)
  5. G

Stop asking for a balance overhaul

while sharp could kill a fp with relative ease, support and demo were the go-to whenever you needed one dead in kf1 and both are in game already, sharp was for scrakes
  6. G

Sound Changing Gun Sounds question.

All the sounds for a gun are stored on two files (the pair make one "gun"), all of these gun sound files are on the main "audio" folder ad can be easily found. The bnk file is the actual pack with the gun sounds, but it is a binary package so you can't read it with your plain eyes. The second...
  7. G

[Request] Bots

learn to program guys, bots afaik are not a trivial thing to add to a game, unless the game already has navigation and lots of interfaces for everything the bot should do (stick to you, have personalities, what weapons to carry and use, grab goodies, choose perks, etc). And if it does, you can...
  8. G

Sound KF1 Music Mod, and general KF2 Audio Modding

just add me on steam as the video says
  9. G

What do you mean release, its released already, click the link :P
  10. G

Hi, I reverse engineered a bit of the sound files used for KF2 and managed to make a KF1 Music Mod a while ago (like on May, I held on releasing because SDK, but still no SDK :P) Made a few videos explaining how to install, and how to make your own audio mods in case you are interested...
  11. G

[Request] KF1 Soundtrack. (Non replacement)

Yeah its possible
  12. G

Importing bnk into wwise

wwise's authoring tools do the repacking, but you need to build a wwise project
  13. G

Sound SFX (not Music) Modding Help

well, that would work if you know ue programming, but isnt that a mutator? (idk, first time modding ue) and doesnt that break the game on multiplayer? (I read mutators have to get whitelisted and stuff) MOD delete that post that is up for verification? that was intended as a PM :/ 7 months...
  14. G

Importing bnk into wwise

just so you know, you dont, wwise compiles to bnk, so it's a one way road there may be tools online that can extract data and maybe even rebuild part/all of the project, but they wont be official tools, and I dont know them sorry
  15. G

Sound SFX (not Music) Modding Help

They are most likely embedded inside the bank files with the zed's name, the sound you want is probably *ZED*_Appear_Distant to edit it you'd have to do a binary edit of the bnk file to insert your own wave (gl with that :P, maybe you are lucky and its a plain wave save, but most likely it's...
  16. G

Sound Changing volume of certain effects

I believe you have to recreate the bnk files with higher volume settings, not sure if there is a "master bnk", you could increase the volume of the sfx bus and increase all the sfx in one go that way. yup there is one, now just crack the format and edit the volume of Master Audio Bus/HDR/WEP