• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. S

Berserker nerf appreciation thread

How about I don't appreciate a berserker nerf just because you people complained to death about the class? I played the zerker on release, I played them after, and playing them now just feels absolutely terrible. Nothing feels zerker about them except maybe they can take slightly more damage...
  2. S

New Berserker Feedback

Nope they are pretty much right. Some people like to selectively overlook Sharpshooter but if you had almost any problem, especially with a big zed like a fleshpound/scrake/patty the sharpshooter would more often than not be a safer and more consistent way to take them out. Yes berserker could...
  3. S

WWAUT - Sharpshooter Perk Skills, New(er) Zerker and More!

The tree is a massive nerf to zerk though. You're giving up all the hp bonuses as well as movespeed and attack speed and forcing them to be a melee class that chooses either to be faster to be able to actually play in melee range or getting more hp which is also needed more in melee range...
  4. S

A word to the community

I have to say this, complaining about those complaining really does nothing and is even more pointless. The people complaining usually care about the game and want to see it do some good things. If they didn't care they would simply just quit and never come back. The unfortunate thing is that...
  5. S

Pulverizer

I feel I need to put my input here. The PvP update essentially ruined KF2 for me with the advent of balancing around PvP with no separate balance. Fine if you want to play it but I picked up KF1 because it was a PvE game that was genuinely fun and had interesting and fun ways to play the game...
  6. S

Martial Artist Speculations

I dunno, punching zeds to death sounds hilariously fun. Your opinion is not the universal "right" way to make a good game or even a nice game.
  7. S

Camping

Could have better poll responses. I do like being able to camp in the game, only small improvements here and there. But I don't think it is an inherently inferior way to play. It is so common now in video game communities that people essentially say "This player doesn't play like me therefore...
  8. S

Lets talk about KF2's monthly player base.

I have been playing since the game went into early access. In all honesty part of it is the game is getting a little old but another part of it is how different it feels compared to KF1. I played KF1 for the awesome shoot em up mechanics with really strong classes in general. Now in KF2...
  9. S

Homogenization of perks and lack of hard counters

Ah yes well, while there should be some fun for playing the highest level in the game you should also take into account that it is the vast minority of players who do play at that high difficulty. Some balancing around that level is entirely fine but this is not a competitive game, it is a co-op...
  10. S

Homogenization of perks and lack of hard counters

You do have to take into account that people who played KF1 liked it for being exactly what it was, its version of teamwork included. While I would agree with trash cleaning and crowd control is a group responsibility having no perk specialize in killing big zeds means that if one or two people...
  11. S

Here is some context into the amount of work that goes into a game like KF2.

Generally agree with this, having most classes be strong is what should be going on with Kf2 as well as the classes' specializations acctually mattering. (A demo should be very significantly stronger with demo weapons than other classes. not marginally stronger) Right now everything is...
  12. S

This Berserker nerf is absurd.

Of course some people believe the exaggeration so you can never really tell if somebody is serious.
  13. S

Dodging Scrakes

I can see why it might have been annoying to others but considering the alternatives it was actually good gameplay. It was very reminiscent of KF1's Zerker flinchlocking a scrake. It wasn't the most efficient way to take out one (Sharpshooter with Xbow) but it was the "safest". And honestly you...
  14. S

Dodging Scrakes

Besides the circle strafing the dodging was a good mechanic. You saw a tell, you reacted to it by dodging to the right of the scrake so you don't get hit. A shame they removed it just to kill circle strafing. You would think that they would just change the AI to realize that continuous circling...
  15. S

This is a better solution than nerfing the damage outright and making Zweihander mostly useless. Having a move with a tell that you can dodge or die is perfect. I'll ignore the DmC reference since I don't actually like what they did on that game, but it is very similar to activating Witch Time...
  16. S

What are your Role Expectations?

Yeah this is a big disappointment of mine with KF2. In KF1 everybody had good things they could work with. But the name of the game is NERF in KF2...this really makes no sense because it is a Co-Op game. A good Co-op game will give everybody good things to specialize in/do well in. Meaning if...
  17. S

What are your Role Expectations?

Commando - I decap loads of trash from afar and on occasion I decap a scrake with headshots (I'm not as consistent with it as I want to be). Typically SCAR and Kalashnikov Support - I support the team through ammo/aoe shots/fast damage output with AA-12. I save my ammo for the big guys...
  18. S

Too many bad medics

Players get medic nerfed -> Players proceed to complain about medics being bad -> Everybody dies. I'm sure those nerfs are helping them be better medics, and I'm sure it is never your fault specifically.
  19. S

The unfortunate thing is that in the efforts to try and "balance" it they always hit unrelated things. How is damage in any way related to zerk walling? They just crouch and hold block. they don't attack all that much and even if they do the damage is only secondary compared to the rest of the...
  20. S

It is laughable that you feel the need to "test my thinking" rather than addressing the topic. I did not dodge it, I addressed what I thought about the perk, the changes, and what are some possible Solutions. And you accuse me of attacking you for pointing out your faulty logic and reasoning...