• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

Level Design KF-Nuked [Contest Map]

This must be inspired by F.E.A.R. am i right? :D Looks great!
  2. M

Polycount Presents: Guns 'N Gear - A Steam Workshop Contest For Killing Floor 2

PLEASE. Dont implement extra skins to the game, dont want this to become another Skin fest like CS....
  3. M

Level Design A big problem

can't you load an autosave/backup?
  4. M

Level Design Textures, Materials

First of all, brushes does not support blood spatter. Use static meshes instead. The reason why the assign material button is greyed out is because you have selected a material to assign in the content browser
  5. M

Level Design KF-Infiltration

Just add me on steam (steam name in my signature) if you are interested in testing it, when its ready to be tested :) I most likely wont post the map anywhere until its 100% finished. I want to avoid having different versions of the map running on the servers, it causes nothing but trouble for...
  6. M

Level Design Ambient Sound Question

You're welcome :)
  7. M

Sure i can :) This is however without the use of state names in case you didnt know. First you place an AmbientSoundSimple in the world. Select it and add it to Kismet. Hook it up to an AkPostEvent which has the sound you want selected. Link the AkPostEvent to the Event you have in your own...
  8. M

Thank you very much! :) I'm definatly gonna need several people who are willing to help testing! I'm gonna be updating the thread a lot the next couple of days. I got a lot of time to work on the map in the coming week. I added a new screenshot to the album!
  9. M

It's been a while since i last posted. I had some stuff to do IRL. I'm back to working almost full time on this map again! I've updated the main post and the imgur album. I'm gonna record a new video soon, showing off some of the objectives. I hope you'll like what you see!
  10. M

Level Design Defend The House - Map Interest Check

Afaik, its a yes to all your questions. 1. You can place doors in the windows and change the material to whatever you like, and disable the open/close function. 2. Pretty sure the "Extra Cost" of path nodes are priority. Not 100% though. 3. Like destructible lights, you just have a...
  11. M

Level Design Tripwire Official Mapping contest coming

Oh yes! Definatly signing up for that!
  12. M

This is how i'm doing it. Basically using the locations from Manor. Playing the sound Client Side only in Kismet.
  13. M

You can use the ones from EvacPoint yes. Im not sure how to make new ones yourself. But that definatly works. I think this only works if you play the sound client side though.
  14. M

Theres 2 ways of doing this. One is by using State names as you said yourself. Other way is by just hooking the sound up to a AmbientSoundSimple and having it attenuate. (With Kismet) You can see how the state names and groups work just by loading up Volter Manor and looking at the KFReverb...
  15. M

Final Map KF-BloodBank

Thank you very much! I got some irl stuff to do atm, so im taking a break. I'm working on and off on my next map, which will have a better light setup :) and somewhat objective based. Edit: Nvm about that break. I'll keep on going! :p
  16. M

Level Design Light problem

wasnt the issue solved with KingJokers reply?
  17. M

Level Design Precomputed Visibility + Build Time?

What :O I've NEVER had a build take more than 2-3 minutes :S and i havent been using precomputed visibility at all
  18. M

Level Design KF2SDK: Geometry tool

It works fine for me? :s
  19. M

Level Design Water Effect

whats so different from your rain compared to the stock rain if i may ask? not to sound like a dick or anything :p The pool is really cool though! :)