• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. P

What We Are Up To - Something Fresh From The Labs

Those are some sexy weapons, right there. I'm hesitant re: the helios rifle - the microwave gun feels very underwhelming to me. But ranged firebug sounds like a good time. The killerwatt looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I like the sound alternate fire mode, too.
  2. P

Killing Floor 2 State Of The Game 2018

It's great to see the amount of post-release support TWI puts into its titles.
  3. P

Thoughts on new Battle Axe? OP?

I think the battle axe feels like it should after the heavy attack speed reduction. Slow switch speed is good balancing for it too. If it were a tier 4, I'd say it was too strong. It's a tier 5 though. If it needs more balancing, then I would look to a price increase, but in-game performance...
  4. P

Second Christmas Beta Weapon Adjustments Survey

Surveys are good. Devs are taking player input.
  5. P

Airship survival endless waves

Agreed w/ Bluntman. It would be best if TWI goes full bore and makes dedicated objective mode maps. I think what they did with Santa's Workshop on endless (opening all the doors, making a connected map) was creative and fun. It's not as enjoyable as a fully fleshed out objective mode though...
  6. P

Gary FREAKING Busey

I like the direction TWI is going with the Airship and Santa's Workshop voice work.
  7. P

Killing Floor 2 Build 1073 Opt-In Twisted Christmas Beta!

New update is a lot of fun, well done TWI.
  8. P

Any more objectives?

The new Santa's workshop looking map for the upcoming Christmas update looks like it might have objectives (legit, KF1-style objectives). Nothing has been confirmed yet, only hinted at. I would love me some KF1-style objective gameplay though.
  9. P

Double XP Is Back for the final weekend of the MONSTER MASQUERADE!

When it's double XP but you have work to do and should really take care of your responsibilities.
  10. P

Why do so many people rent/host servers?

Nah, I read the whole thing. To your point, though: there are a lot of mods and even more custom maps out there. I'm guessing people rent out servers to test out mods, maps, and/or server settings, but they probably revert to vanilla in between.
  11. P

Why do so many people rent/host servers?

OP, why complain about a good thing? More servers = good for the average player.
  12. P

Anyone else finding some of the perks harder to get through a 2nd or 3rd time around?

I haven't noticed a significant difference between HoE pub players before and after prestiging was introduced. Granted, I usually play Sui., but I have checked and still do check the HoE servers pretty regularly. Before prestige, I could only find players in level grinding servers (in my...
  13. P

Anyone else finding some of the perks harder to get through a 2nd or 3rd time around?

I love the prestige option because it renews the challenge of playing without all the high-level perk advantages. I approach it like a test of my fundamental skills: map/enemy/ally awareness, positioning, movement, timely reloading, aim, parrying, timely healing, alternative loadouts, etc. All...
  14. P

And so another day passes where..

Play more Suicidal or HoE if you need a certain type of zed. You will kill enough elite crawlers to do the daily ten times over. Or you'll die. Alternatively, try endless mode on any difficulty. You should run into enough of the requisite zed type eventually.
  15. P

Tommy Gun, a Survivalist weapon?

Tommygun as SWAT/Survivalist crossperk would makes sense since every weapon in the game is "crossperk" with Survivalist, but the tommy gun should be a SWAT weapon. It's an SMG, and, in KF2, the SWAT class uses the SMGs. Another thing that might be happening is the Survivalist might be getting...
  16. P

Maybe Survivalist doesn't need a complete re-work?

Just adding my two cents since everyone has an opinion on Survivalist: I initially disliked the perk. Now I like the perk for one specific reason: It can serve as a handy all-arounder in sloppy public games. I'll agree with most other players in that generally I am better off playing a...
  17. P

WWAUT - Somebody Told Us You Would Need These Presents

Then the crossperk weapon should be something other than the Tommy gun, which is a pistol caliber carbine with automatic fire capabilities, i.e. a sub machinegun. It went to the commando in KF1 because there was no SWAT class. Making cross perk weapons for the bullet classes (mando, SWAT...
  18. P

WWAUT - Somebody Told Us You Would Need These Presents

I hope not. The commando got a bunch of weapons in the last update. I love crossperk weapons, and I'm glad TWI has started implementing them. However, the tommy gun is an SMG, plain and simple. Now fireaxe as a berserker/firebug crossperk, that I would consider.
  19. P

Revert the Spawn System

I don't even think the spawns need a huge rework. Just push them back a little further from the nearest player(s). They're too goddamned close. I shouldn't see zeds pop in from thin air.
  20. P

Revert the Spawn System

Change the spawn system.