• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

Ordered All quiet on the Western Front

That's one of my favourist quotes of this book (read it in German)! I think it really sums up the situation that "was" (at least what I think) back then. We learned in school that people cheared when they heard there would be a war. Well years after I read in a book that this actually wasn't...
  2. M

England - Croatia 2:3

Wanted to write the same thing. ;) Yeah guys, look Austria is 91th in the world but still we play you won't. :p That's the way you do it. :D
  3. M

Japanese vs Russians

Fighting as nationalistic Chinese while the communists were "hiding"/falling back in the mountains? Not appropriate. Unless you'd change history a little bit and make it look like Mao fought the Japanese.
  4. M

Need help with argument! Best tank?

I did not understand that, what does that mean? On the M4, I guess I was victim of a misconception.
  5. M

Thanks. Does not sound like the same role to me. You said it yourself that the anti-tank role was accomplished by tank hunters (and by artillery and planes) rather than the Sherman. I would not say that the Sherman was a MBT as it lacked in the anti-tank role - well now it depends on how you...
  6. M

I guess I missed something but what's a "GW"? On the "X" tank is being outclassed by "Y" tank. I think most important is if you compare tanks is to compare their roles first. You can only really compare them if they have the same role. By that you can not compare a Sherman to a Tiger. It would...
  7. M

EA buys Bioware and Pandemic Studios!

Yes, they are into business, not into gameing. Managers "making" games. Btw. it's not EA's fault, but the companies that sold themselves out in the first place. You can't bet that only the "good" guys will buy you.
  8. M

@BuddyLee The reason more US citizens don't by foregin cars is because their price raises a lot due to your unfair soc... uhm free trade import tarrifs. :D
  9. M

RO and tanking - we deserve better! Boycott!

They are silent because they can. They ignore that because they can. Imo it boils down to that. What you can do and what you can't do. If more and more people expressed their dissatisfaction they couldn't ignore them that easily anymore.
  10. M

Red Orchestra: Combined Arms reversion?

Found nothing promising on that topic as well. One problem changing the bullet to our own version would be the massive amount of classes (3-4 classes per weapon) and that we would have to change the tanks as well, if we wanted a coherent experience. I did a (buggy) script for INFPenetration...
  11. M

Yeah, but when should it die then? ;) After three people, 20 walls ... :D But isn't the bullet automatically destroyed if it hits a character? Hmm now that you said it I think it could work a similar way like the INFPenetration mutator. The bullet is destroyed like allways, but another bullet...
  12. M

Soldier of Fortune III: Payback

I loved the roboters ... :rolleyes: Thanks god that there were patches for that problem.
  13. M

You mean that we should remove the arrow indicating your position on the map? I think shooting through someone would be possible by a mutator, even penetration was introduce by a mutator. The only question would be how. ;)
  14. M

Getting ROOST to work in WOTgreal

Using the WOTRegistry Cleaner worked! Thanks! :) Ah things are a lot easier now.
  15. M

I'm the wrong person for nice questions, my wording sucks most of the times and as a result they hardly look nice. ;) And after all, I'm not nice. :D
  16. M

How? You need to replace each ROObjTerritory-Actor on each map with your own by the mutator. But the way I tried it did not work --> see coding forum. One of the problems is that RO:CA 3.3 is not decompileable. You only get the default proberties. And these are mostly the same as in in RO:Ost...
  17. M

class TestaMut extends Mutator; function PostBeginPlay() { Super.PostBeginPlay(); Level.Game.HUDType = "Testa.maHUD"; } defaultproperties { bAddToServerPackages=True GroupName="TestaMutator" FriendlyName="Testa" Description="Removes parts of the normal HUD (information on the amount of...
  18. M

Recommend a portable game thingie!

I don't think it has to do something with maturity, I should have rephrased it. I think it has to do with the lack of complexity. I miss something in games like Advance Wars. Yeah Mario Cart is funny, same goes to F-Zero.
  19. M

Code Replacing ROObjTerritory

I want to modify the objectives. Yet I want that these changes also work in present maps. So I intended to search through all Objectives, spawn new Objectives that are based on my class, copy all the settings from the initial Objectives and deactivate them later on. Yet it seems that...
  20. M

Getting ROOST to work in WOTgreal

Hmm. It would be really nice if you could say what differs from mine. Preferences/Game Information: Game Type: Red Orchestra Game Executeable: PATH\RedOrchestra.exe Run Commandline: Deleted Class Fldr: Game INI File: PATH\RedOrchestra.ini User.ini File: user.ini UCC.exe File: PATH\ucc.exe...