• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Techuser

PC [Summer Preview] SDK Crash when play in Editor

+1 can see only the hud showing up before it crashes https://pastebin.com/8Hn11aVf
  2. Techuser

Level Design In what package the "Dead bodys" static meshes are located?

I think they're called flayed men, you can open the properties of one in other maps and see the package path there
  3. Techuser

Level Design Landscape not Exporting with Material

I dont remember for sure if that's the problem I had, but check this https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2/killing-floor-2-modifications/level-design-ac/2304614-a-note-on-fixing-landscapes
  4. Techuser

Final Map KF-ClubConfession (Vampire Bloodlines)

I'm sold at the slaughterhouse dance floor, good job
  5. Techuser

Level Design Issue of baking and map help

For optimization try selecting all the static meshes (use the binoculars icon for that) and set them all to max render distance 4.000 as a start or what you find reasonable for your map, then tune the distance of individual meshes from there
  6. Techuser

Beta Map [WIP] Biolapse - Biotics Holdout

Looking good, the layout of those rooms are reminding me a lot of the new Doom
  7. Techuser

Final Map KF-DeepingWall (Helms Deep)

Thanks :D Official assets were mostly indoors, outside it's just a few things, the bulk of it was done in max Video appreciated as always scarbeus, haven't had the time to spectate other people playing it yet so that offers an insight
  8. Techuser

Final Map KF-DeepingWall (Helms Deep)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1130264785 About 50mb Helms deep recreated from scratch as a more accurate version to the movie - not a port of the KF1 map. In wave 3 the wall will explode by a husk and at wave 5 or 6 the rain will stop (along with materials drying over time), in...
  9. Techuser

Level Design [WIP] Helms deep

Yay, I'll probably make a post with the workshop link later today Edited the post with the fixes I've done since them and finding it acceptable to release already
  10. Techuser

Level Design A note on fixing landscapes

Posting this here because it's something I haven't read before and maybe it helps TW fixing the problem I had the landscape problem today and the solution that I've read mostly is deleting affected sectors and copying good ones on them - but it doesn't have to do with corrupted sectors per se...
  11. Techuser

Level Design [WIP] Helms deep

Map practically finished but in a troubleshooting phase that could be resolved this week or take more time, so I'm sharing some wip screens in the meantime Things to fix: - The usual landscape problem, not showing materials ingame, I'll leave recreating everything as static meshes as a last...
  12. Techuser

Final Map KF-SlipgateComplex

Someone also commented that they weren't gaining xp this week, I'm surprised that this skipped me and everyone til now Fixed and updated it today, it was caused by 3 lights with a "modify health", will edit the main post with the changelog
  13. Techuser

Final Map KF-SlipgateComplex

Remake from Quake E1M1, has most of the secrets from the original with only minor changes to layout, I added a few small connection rooms to the original ones in the second base, also had to use stairs instead of elevators to not break zed pathing. About 90mb uncompressed and 14mb in workshop...
  14. Techuser

Level Design I need help with the lighting and the errors of my map.

Thread is old but worth answering in case anyone lands here from google like I just did :rolleyes: Just because the asset is official doesn't mean it has shadows UV, projectiles for instance don't, found it were nails (use the binoculars tool and search for the number when the "go to" doesn't...
  15. Techuser

Final Map KF-Asgard

Updated it this month: - Added more boss spawns and made a small area for an out of sight boss spawn - Blocked the way to the roof of the house - Tweaked foliage, trees are looking better without using more resources - Added visual aid on the road limits (and the boundary message still shows up)
  16. Techuser

Level Design Rain Mesh on Manor

Right after you add it and it's still selected, go to the bottom of it's properties and add a tag/label, then you can easily select it from the "find actors" window
  17. Techuser

Final Map KF-Entryway

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=772927125 40mb uncompressed size ~7mb with workshop compression Non port version of Doom 2 entryway with just minor changes, gameplay is not 100% identical even to prevent grinding too easily (different ground levels with rails in the blue room for...
  18. Techuser

Level Design DominantDirectionalLights and problem with lighting

Is it cooking static shadows at least? Check if the ceiling meshes needs a "cast shadow two sided" or "cast dynamic shadows"
  19. Techuser

Level Design [WIP]Doom entryway (not a port)

In the end I didn't add many new things, kept having ideas but left them for a non-doom map, the layout was kept the same but I changed minor things, enough to change the gameplay a bit Killmaster thanks for the idea but I prefer to try making them myself unless really necessary :D I'm already...