• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Lt.Hargrove

Tactics How to solo FP as commando?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZtARHczzI Skip to about 5:30. This only works in solo, in MP you should clear the trash zeds coming from behind FPs as mando.
  2. Lt.Hargrove

PC still being able to pick up ammo when ammo is full

It's been there from the start and has been complained about before. To be honest, it is pretty annoying. Small thing, but can be exasperating at times.
  3. Lt.Hargrove

What else do you play?

I play stealth games like Hitman and Thief. Another thing I do from time to time is Spellweaver CCG. Not very well-known and at first it looks like another MTG ripoff, but the combat mechanics are more advanced. Small card pool, though.
  4. Lt.Hargrove

WWAUT - Heading Into 2016 With Tripwire

Call me boring, but I think they should not go too over the top with zed, weapon and character designs. And I hope the more frequent, smaller updates will contain perk balance changes. Even if some of them will be bad, the faster rate at which they would come out would alleviate that. I prefer...
  5. Lt.Hargrove

Dodging Scrakes

The old way to dodge scrakes allowed for soloing them as any perk as long as you knew what you were doing. I agree that circle strafing was broken, but the current fix took away a great deal of skill-dependent moves from the game. Now killing an SC must involve a zerker or coordinated unloading...
  6. Lt.Hargrove

Beta Map Husk Factory Objective Mode (Contest Submission)

I gave it two runs today on solo and I was not able to finish both times. Quite a bit of bugs and issues, but that is expectable playing an unsupported game mode. First of all, I got debug output of "failed to spawn" almost all the time. I don't think it's that important, but I'll say it just...
  7. Lt.Hargrove

What are your Role Expectations?

The circle strafing felt exploity so I understand why it was patched. However, the turn rate adjustement for scrakes ruined DBS dance which allowed supports to solo them by dodging chainsaw swings and getting 3 alt-fire headshots in. Even some rambomandos could use that to solo SCs, but it was...
  8. Lt.Hargrove

Beta Map KF-HostileGrounds

This is next level. Official-like quality coupled with a distinct style. While there are some similarities to Burning Paris, the urban and metro areas feel distinct and play out very differently from that map. Plenty of space to move around which is very welcome, as many cutom maps feel too...
  9. Lt.Hargrove

Beta Map KF-Favela [Grindhouse Entry]

The map has a distinct atmosphere and solid gameplay. I really dig the vertical gameplay with the roof areas. It's really fun to have a team divided between "snipers" and people who guard the entrance. I think if you want to expand the map, more of that is the way to go.
  10. Lt.Hargrove

Tripwire, the current state of HOE

To be honest, I used that map to level up two perks to level 10. I took a rather long break from KF2 and now I do not have that much time to play games at all, so I didn't want to grind the few needed hours before getting to the good stuff. Anyway, why are you so worried about people playing the...
  11. Lt.Hargrove

Beta Map KF-AlpineVillage [Grindhouse Entry]

The map looks and plays out nicely. I haven't tested it extensively, but I found some issues. The first one is that it lags. My graphics card is a potato, but I can play 6 man Hard on official maps completely fine on lowest settings. On this map I get around 20-30 FPS on solo. The other thing...
  12. Lt.Hargrove

Why there is no official KF2 mapping contest?

I would finish my map if my computer didn't tread at the verge of blowing up due to temparature.
  13. Lt.Hargrove

Level Design KF-QuarryMine

Horzine is mining tiberium. Zeds will bring peace through power confirmed.
  14. Lt.Hargrove

Are you more excited about fb or demo?

Demo is more needed balance-wise right now.
  15. Lt.Hargrove

Beta Map KF-WestLondon2009 PreRelease

There are major pathing problems in the police station. Other than that, it's really good. If you decide to hold the streets it's challenging. Other minor issues are the windows in the hallway connected to the arrest (they make no sense if you factor that you're underground) and a minor clipping...
  16. Lt.Hargrove

Final Release [Weapon] Medic's Weapons Skinpack "Black Blood"

They look like 'gritty' Sci-fi weapons now, lol.
  17. Lt.Hargrove

Level Design WIP DevaStation

It gives me the same feeling Chronicles of Riddick: EfBB and the first part of AoDA gave me. I am awaiting this awesomness.
  18. Lt.Hargrove

Tactics Manor HoE

The morgue works fairly well with pubs on suicidal. Zeds really come in from the stairs to the dining room and the throne room, only some random crawler/stalker packs pop up from time to time from the wine cellar. Railings to kite FPs and SCs, some place to move around, can bail to the corridor...
  19. Lt.Hargrove

ZED time bullet speed

I strongly believe that bullet speed in zed time needs to be increased. The fact you have to lead shots with a considerable margin breaks immersion for me, becouse I know how fast an actual bullet is. I get the whole 'cinematic coolism' schtick, but it is actually detrimental to gameplay.
  20. Lt.Hargrove

Custom maps in E3 vid?

May I ask why the footage was taken on community maps?