• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. LiquidArrow

Level Design Is there a way to disable ZED teleporting in a location?

Make it so the fences don't block visibility to fix this.
  2. LiquidArrow

Level Design Environment affecting pawn movement speed and health (idea/thoughts)

Your are looking for the Dynamic Physic Volumes or just regular Physic Volumes. You can damage and change a number of factors that affect zed movement. It is also possible in volumes to force pawns to be pushed into a certain direction and etc... This isn't a udk video but the same should apply...
  3. LiquidArrow

Poll to see if there is interest for a group/area to help test WIP community maps

Running a poll to see if there is interest for a group to help test WIP community maps. Often times it is hard to find all the exploits and gameplay issues on your own when making them. https://www.strawpoll.me/15607127
  4. LiquidArrow

Final Map KF-Gluttony

KF-Gluttony Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1368143986 Summary: This is a simple proof of concept map for an idea before fully fleshing it out. There is a transport that the players are forced to stay on as it moves through the map. If they get...
  5. LiquidArrow

Level Design Actual Ladders, not improvised stairs using blocking volumes?

Ladders in themselves lead to a lot of exploitable scenarios. I would avoid using them and finding a different way for players to navigate the level. You can create the stair like blocking volumes to traverse steep inclines though!
  6. LiquidArrow

Level Design A Hold-Out style Community map

It would be more feasible to ask community mappers if there map can be used and just plug in there map for a random option in holdout. :)
  7. LiquidArrow

Level Design [ATTENTION TWI] Please fix the custom map uploading tools.

I will say the main reason I haven't done updates to my maps in awhile is mainly because of this. It takes a good amount of time to get the map uploaded correctly with the "maps" or any other tag that we want on there. I won't update/upload my maps without adding that tag as that just leaves out...
  8. LiquidArrow

Level Design Player Death trigger event?

Us a dynamic physics volume to damage and kill players without deranking the map and as domino said you can do that for an effect.
  9. LiquidArrow

Level Design How to specify which zeds will be spawned on each wave?

take a look at my 300mode map and you can see how I control what spawns with actor factories in the kismet. This makes the map unranked though and you cannot control what spawns each wave any other way atm.
  10. LiquidArrow

Level Design Dissapearing Static Meshes

I even added into the report with example levels showing the issue :P https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...arency_FOG.kfm https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ency_NOFOG.kfm
  11. LiquidArrow

Level Design [Request] DynamicPhysicsVolume & PhysicsVolume doesn't have "immune zeds"

As sean said the AIShouldIgnorePain affects pathing only. There is a workaround for this and I use it on my map HorzineExpress. Essentially you use toggles and trigger volumes to tell the volume to shutoff if a zed is in it and turn on when they leave, but if a player and zeds are in the...
  12. LiquidArrow

Level Design Unable to upload updates to workshop maps

I have uploaded over 10 maps and tried that. It wasn't that simple or I wouldn't have made such a fuss lol The issue was fixed after doing a good amount of troubleshooting.
  13. LiquidArrow

Update: I was able to resolved this by doign a full reinstall of the game and sdk. Getting rid of a testmap I had on my workshop, fixing the pathname for a screenshot. I did a bunch of little things and I'm not 100% sure what the fix was, but it is working now!
  14. LiquidArrow

Can anyone, really only one person confirm they have been able to update an already uploaded map on the workshop?
  15. LiquidArrow

I have tried to push updates to some of my maps on the steam workshop, but keeping getting the error "OnShareFile failed with error code 9 ". This is both within the upload tool and through the CMD with a .txt file. I have been able to upload a new test workshop, but can't update my previous work.
  16. LiquidArrow

Beta Map KF-HuskDodgeBall

KF-HuskDodgeBall Steam Workshop Here Summary: This is an endless game mode with endless spawning husks that try to knock you off the catwalk. Mechanics: - Husks Spawn Endlessly on the other side of the room. They do not stare at you, they shoot giant flaming balls of doom still. - Weapons...
  17. LiquidArrow

Beta Map KF-Splinter

KF-Splinter Steam Workshop Map Features: - Every white tile wall is destructible. The play area will change up as zeds and you tear them down. - Tight claustrophobic setting - Instant and relentless spawning, map should be a challenge. - Simple map made quickly, might add onto it more in...
  18. LiquidArrow

Beta Map KF-HorzineExpress

The File is too large for GB for me to even upload it. You will have to get it from the Cache on your KF2 folder from steam unfortunately.
  19. LiquidArrow

Level Design Lighting channels

You can simply go to the meshes that are not getting the appropriate channel settings and change it in properties by pressing F4. Make sure you have the "Override channels" for the ones that you do that with or it will revert back to what it was before you changed it manually.
  20. LiquidArrow

Beta Map KF-HorzineExpress

Update 01/09/2017: - Platform that players can stand on behind the train during waves has been added - More Darkness to fix the "zed pop in" at a certain distance with the last TW Update to the game - Better Performance - Removed lighthouse with rotating light for better performance - Fixed gas...