• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. D

Server Linux server support information

@romano: Yeah it feels like the tick rate is too small, kinda how you interact with objects in Source games if the server is running on low ticks. But, maybe its only a bug... Who knows.
  2. D

@rallfo: I have a few dedicated boxes. About 40ms ping away. At first I hosted a server with Linux. I virtualized a Windows with KVM, and we lagged. The server had plenty of power, it ran only one server. Then I installed a Windows directly on a box. One KF2 server, nothing else. CPU usage few...
  3. D

Well guys, thought I would chime in since topic became more active lately. 1) Just hide the game and don't play it. The only thing matters is the player count. 2) Just check Steam Charts or any other Steam info site, player count is terribly low. It is miniscule in average, and only goes up a...
  4. D

+1, any updates? My virtualized Windows server gets a 25ms ping if I directly ping it, but my hosted server got a 60-65ms ping. It would be great if we could finally host our servers native.
  5. D

Any way to reset perks yourself?

It would be great if Tripwire added "Prestige", or just a way to set perk levels yourself, once you reached MAX on a class. This would be especially useful during EA.
  6. D

PhysX FleX Concerns (performance for NVidia users)

"It's pretty certain to say that flex, like most other proprietary tech, will only work properly with high end gpus." Proprietary-ness got nothing to do with performance. If it's computation-extensive, then it costs performance. I have a GXT880M (mobile, not even a desktop GPU), and I have...
  7. D

Are you more excited about fb or demo?

Neither. Give me the sharpshooter class already. (Also, where are the guns? Where are the rest of them? Currently all class lack weapons quite heavily. Once each got 2-3x as much, then we can have the other classes.)
  8. D

Server Installing KF 2 Server on Linux with WINE

I used Vmware virtualization to run servers - but I am not experiencing the leak at all. Of course the servers are just as crappy - since virtualization adds extra load and extra lag. This is especially noticeable with Suicidal+ diff, zeds just tend to teleport mid-air and stuff. I will try...
  9. D

Server Linux dedicated server

For which part of my post? - The crap RO2 launch/state? It is true, anyone who bought it remembers. - The upcoming DLC waves? Well, characters already have the customization available. Don't expect TW to flood it with free stuff. Of course, they could have also just pushed this feature with...
  10. D

@Romano: This is why they should have concentrated on Linux in the very first place, since it's the most popular server OS in the world. People could host their own servers from the very beginning of the EA, and could still keep doing that until the game comes out and Windows binary would get...
  11. D

You are right nronksr. I was in a hurry last time I replied, which I deeply regret. Well, no harm done - since EA was not open yet. It's simple, really. We get access to the game = we buy the game. No game, no money. I truly understand what EA means (a half baked monstrosity), but just...
  12. D

Thank you! Can you give us a Steam ID so we can download it ASAP once EA is out?
  13. D

Any news on this? EA is around the corner and I want to launch 6-10 servers at least. TW pls?
  14. D

Server KF redirect: It's just not working

Thank you very much Skillz, it was the -nohomedir switch, indeed. :)
  15. D

Server KF redirect: It's just not working

If this goes on, I'll commit Sudoku. I have done this a thousand times, and I re-checked things a hundred times more. Yet it's just not working, no matter what. - Set up server with Steamcmd, ran it, all fine. - Installed mods, copied uz2 to domain's html folder for redirect. - Added redirect...