• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. N

Squad Iron Crescendo

Man thoughs where some memory's. Ran into my old BFE pic of the beta campaign, of me being the last man standing on Road to Berlin with the 24kj tags. With me having recently killed Mormegil, I died shortly after I took the pic.
  2. N

Ballistics need a fix

Rather late, but Theirs one thing to note on Snipers that most seem to be ignoring, theirs for the most part two class's of Snipers, Designated Marksmen and Snipers DMs are typically the best shots in the squad or platoon, the ZF41 AFAIK was intended for these members, to give them a bit of a...
  3. N

Anti Tank Guns (PAKs etc.)

Actually their related but not the same guns. The gun of the Panzer IV Ausf Gs was a L43 gun, the Pak 40 was a L46 gun, also the cartridge case was different, the Pak 40 had a cartridge case that was some 716mm long vs the Tank guns 495mm long case furthermore the tank gun was electrically...
  4. N

Pzr III and T-60? one sided?

Has it been confirmed that the Panzer III ausf J and the T-70? is the next tanks? The Panzer III Ausf J should only have the 50mm L42 gun, as by Summer of 1942 any Panzer III with a 50mm L60 is a Ausf L (any Ausf Js that got the gun where re named Ausf L by April 1942 -see panzer tracks 3-3 for...
  5. N

Love classic but........

Of coarse in real life you can see much farther than in game... The Zoom is a side effect of implementing realistic vision. The game has only half the FOV as you do in real life, which makes it look like that objects are much farther than they are in real life.
  6. N

Classic : Squadleaders have Bolt Actions?

Because historically Squad leaders had them, It's the Assault class that should of been removed... If you where a squad leader in the german army unless it's 1939 and to some extent 1940 you would never see your Kar but almost always had a MP40 (out side of equipment shortages and perhaps...
  7. N

The Mkb once more - Ramm, please check this

IIRC they made a comment a while back mentioning that part of their selection was if the possibility of it being their then it was good enough for them. And we do know that it was in production low rate perhaps but it was in production. Though I would like to see it's numbers reduced to no more...
  8. N

Goodbye MP40

What I meant by larger numbers was in context to the MKB42. Though how small was it's run (MP-40/II)? do you know? 100? 500? 5,000? The point is according to you by November 1942 the MP-40/II had been in production for over six months, which is the month the production of the MKB42 started. As...
  9. N

Project Realism Changes

True, and a number of these are likely personnel preferences as well. I'm provably one of the few who is generally satisfied with how RO2 turned out, and I'm a bit of a realism nut as well (I'm also probly one of the few who did not see RO2 as only having to take place at Stalingrad, I saw the...
  10. N

Ro2's future rests with you, Tripwire

You sprint at roughly 5m/s (18kph) for 15 seconds for a total of about 75 meters. Walking is roughly 3m/s or 11kph, taking 25 seconds to cover the same distance.
  11. N

Slots distribution (not enough bolts ?)

Well I like it, and if you want to include engineers, make them part of that 5th squad we sometimes have, with an engineer squad leader and one or three Riflemen engineers, one could add the AT guys to this squad as well...
  12. N

# of Autos and Semi Autos

In RO 1 it was possible to have the entire team use autos on some of the maps, at lest before the servers where allowed to have 64 players Historically the platoons (which had four squads) would of had around 20& of its members with automatics, though Semi auto issue is a bit unknown to me (I...
  13. N

Hero Rifleman unlocks suggestions

Who is the SA? The Reguler Army was the Heer, and even a number of their units had to make due with what ever they could find. The only "SA" that I'm aware of is the Sturm Abteilung, and that is not a regular army unit (more related to the SS that anything -well the other way around really).
  14. N

New Patch Feedback

[QUOTE=Keyser_S
  15. N

New Patch Feedback

Well theirs one thing to note with engineer "squads", at lest the Germans ones when used in combat situations where out fitted as a rifle squads, that is one or two SMGs and LMGs (typically just one each), the rest of the 10-15 man squad was equipped with "bolt action" rifles, not to mention...
  16. N

New Patch Feedback

Historically A Russian Rifle platoon in fact had less SMGs than it's German counter part. Both sides had platoons with four rifle squads of about 10 men each, with each of these squads having a squad leader with a SMG, and a single LMG. Thew platoon commander on the German side had a SMG the...
  17. N

I think the next patch should be focused on community complaints.

Here's the thing, if we had the ability to use historic load outs and the same manpower as a real platoon of that time frame, MGs and SMGs should make up about 17-21% of the man power. Though the issue with that is, once the unit takes losses, your in fact quite often just losing rifle men, as...
  18. N

New Tanks to be added

Well reading my new book on the Panzer III (Panzer Tracts 3-3, by T. Jentz). I found something interesting. According to this book the Panzer III Ausf Js with the 50mm L60 gun where in fact renamed Ausf Ls in April of 1942. It also seems that their was practically no difference between the Js...